Omfs interviews to match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zmcblow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many interviews should make an applicant feel confident of matching into anywhere?

Members don't see this ad.

There is no magic number.

If you don't really understand statistics, you should go look at the MATCH's website on how ranking and matching works.

But you're probably looking for anecdotal experiences. I know of three people in last year's cycle with 7+ interviews who remained unmatched.

Best of luck to them this time around :)

There is no magic number.

If you don't really understand statistics, you should go look at the MATCH's website on how ranking and matching works.

But you're probably looking for anecdotal experiences. I know of three people in last year's cycle with 7+ interviews who remained unmatched.

Best of luck to them this time around :)
Was the guy a tool?

Members don't see this ad :)
so a non-weird and non-jerk applicant with 6+ interviews has a very high chance of matching? lol

It's a silly question, but I heard 7. However I know people who had 1 interview and matched, and I know people with 15 interviews, ranked 12 and matched at the 12th place on their list. Statistically the more interviews the greater the chance of matching.
YOU GOTTA BE IN IT TO WIN IT !!!!!!!