Once more for the n-th time...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

forpetes_sake

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello denizens of SDNetwork.

I've read and re-read former posts debating the pros/cons, job outlook, diff. in pay grades, academic/industry advantages, etc. of a MPH vs MS in Biostatistics.

Some of the threads I've read are several years old, and I wanted to ask for the help of the knowledgeable folks here at SDN to give me their current unvarnished opinion.

A little background on me, I'm a BS in Healthcare Management graduate, working in clinical research at the moment. I'm looking to pursue a degree in Biostatistics and a degree in epidemiology later on in my career. I would like to continue to work in clinical research whether it is at an academic research organization (ARO) or branch out and work for the sponsor. I understand the difference in the two degrees from what I've read from older posts. I am curious as to whether or not these differences are still the same today? Are companies seeking candidates with a stricter mathematical curriculum vs. a well-rounded stats background w/ a public health supplement?

Thank you in advance, and sorry if I've made any faux pas (not much of a contributor on forums).

Members don't see this ad.