Oncology Conferences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The_Insula

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello, saw a similar thread posted in 2010 in "Other Specialties" but none in the heme/onc forum, hope it's okay to start one here. looking to submit abstracts in lung and liver cancer - any recs for suitable conferences? unfortunately missed the deadline for this year's AARC and ASCO.

in general, what are the most well-regarded oncology conferences, i.e. presenting at which ones would be most meaningful for fellowship application?

thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Anything by national society should be ok, ASCO brand of course, and AACR also good for more basic science.

Could try thoracic, pulm, or GI societies, maybe gutonc can help you out with the last.

I think this academic year (before June 2016) may be tough because large conferences need time to review abstracts and plan program. You could look at early next academic year or smaller conferences.

ASCO GI symposium is January so you could look out for that deadline.

Anything by national society should be ok, ASCO brand of course, and AACR also good for more basic science.

Could try thoracic, pulm, or GI societies, maybe gutonc can help you out with the last.

I think this academic year (before June 2016) may be tough because large conferences need time to review abstracts and plan program. You could look at early next academic year or smaller conferences.

ASCO GI symposium is January so you could look out for that deadline.
ASCO GI or DDW (deadline past, meeting in May) are good for GI. ATS and IASLC (I think that's what it's called) for lung stuff. But most bit meetings (other than SABCS) are in the winter/spring so you need to have your abstract ready for submission 4-6 months ahead of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
In a similar vein, is EHA a legit conference? Does anyone from the states attend?

Hope this isn't too off topic. How useful are these presentations for academic CVs? I have a first-author abstract that will likely be a poster accordingly to PI, but might unavailable in June during the conference.