One 3.5 GPA kill me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IV Zulu VI

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will most likely be getting a 3.5 this semester. Never had lower than a 3.8 before, had a job,mcat etc this semester. Overall is still 3.88 (science similiar), mcat is 32. What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Doubt any med school will look at you you a 3.5 on your transcript. So long med school! I hear DD is hiring!

I will most likely be getting a 3.5 this semester. Never had lower than a 3.8 before, had a job,mcat etc this semester. Overall is still 3.88 (science similiar), mcat is 32. What do you think?

yup better pack your bags for the Caribbean.

quit being a troll, seriously.

a 3.5?! you can't be serious. You better get 4.0s for the rest of your college career. but then again, what's the point? no school will even LOOK at your application with one semester of 3.5, not even Caribbeans' schools.

OP's fcked. quit and pursue a masters in burger flipping

It looks like you're not cut out for medicine. You should apply to law school while you still have a chance.

Members don't see this ad :)

And what's with that cumulative GPA? A 3.88? Why not A-prus?

The OP is merely asking if a dip in his GPA will be a blemish on his application. Why are you guys so harsh?

You're probably a troll, but seeing as people get in with an overall 3.5, one semester of a 3.5 is not even remotely an issue.

better try podiatry school

There's always a gas station in need of an attendant

You have a shot at podiatry in Caribbean, but apply broadly

Take the JCAT and see if Janitor schools will accept you.

50509_213356434937_2483803_n.jpg

Take the JCAT and see if Janitor schools will accept you.

50509_213356434937_2483803_n.jpg

I don't think OP has what it takes to even be a janitor in a Caribbean. Honestly, if you fail the JCAT three times, it's best not to pay a ton of money to go to a second rate school in the Caribbean. You should just consider other cleaning options because janitorial residencies have gotten super competitive for FCGs.

I hear Scrubbing Bubbles University's Pinesol School of Janitopathic Medicine is accepting applications. Competition is keen though - don't get mopped by your peers.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

This thread is hilarious! Love the JCAT! :laugh:

I think you should apply to medical school.
Don't worry about it. A 3.88 is great and is above average. Just watch out for your GPA for the rest of your undergrad. :)

I got 3.4 my second semester after a 3.7 my first semester of undergrad. From there on it was all >3.95 and I never looked back.