One F on transcript...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdlove

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
No longer

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Jobs? It won't accept you. Nobody is going to ask to see your transcript just as long as you are licensed.

Residency? Not much as long as you explain yourself and you have good steady grades.

All hope is lost. My advice? Get a sharpie and a scrap of cardboard and post up under the freeway with a sign reading "Will Check Rxs for Food".

But seriously, as long as the rest of your GPA is fine, I would not worry about it. Just have a good explaination if someone brings it up. Employers will worry more about your out-of-classroom experience (internships and such) . As far as residency goes.. If they would have considered you without the F they will still consider you. Please don't jump off the ledge just yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks everyone.
I am not sure how community offers will go for me since I have been working at a hospital for the last 3 years.
Seems like many of my classmates who worked at CVS and Walgreens are set for offers but I'm not sure where I should go about for job hunting.

I am currently a P4 and due to personal circumstances I failed a one credit course this past year.
The school is refusing to replace my grade even with the retake.
What are my chances now for a job with one F on transcript?
My GPA overall is somewhat decent since the F was only one credit but it obviously still looks really bad.
I had an overall percentage of a B in that course but because my school has strict requirements for passing, I still ended up with the F.
I was hoping for a hospital staff position or even a residency but now I have lost all hope.
I have pretty much hit the rock bottom now and not sure what to do…
As of now, I would be happy even if I have a chance on getting a community pharmacist position upon graduation.
What are the requirements for passing the class?

I am currently a P4
What are my chances now for a job with one F on transcript?
My GPA overall is somewhat decent
I would be happy even if I have a chance on getting a community pharmacist position upon graduation.
Let me share this gently and clearly:
The hiring process of community pharmacist would never need school transcript.
Hiring person may call your rotation place to ask about your work ethic and habits.
Hiring person may call your last job to ask about your work ethic and habits.
Hiring person will check background and do urine drug test.
Hiring person never ask for school transcript.
I agree with other statement:
you will be fine!

I have never, ever, ever had an employer ask to see a transcript. Nobody will ever know about that F unless you bring it up.....and even then, unless it was in some extremely critical class (which seems apparent that it wasn't), nobody will ever care.