One month to study for MCCEE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cyMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I am a Canadian IMG planning to match in the US and I am scheduled to take MCCEE in January 2013 in order to get my Statement of Need.

I have one month to study for this test during rotations. I plan on doing one qbank:
What is a better qbank: Canada MCC or Canada qbank?

I took Step 2 CK back in July and got a 242. Had a 250 on Step 1.
Can anyone tell me what is the passing score for MCCEE?
Do my scores on Steps indicate if I'll probably pass if I just study a qbank for this next month.
Also, is there a practice test I can do that will give me an idea of where I stand now on passing the test (before I start to study)?

Thanks in advance for all the advice. :)
Good luck to everyone in this years MATCH!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

I am a Canadian IMG planning to match in the US and I am scheduled to take MCCEE in January 2013 in order to get my Statement of Need.

I have one month to study for this test during rotations. I plan on doing one qbank:
What is a better qbank: Canada MCC or Canada qbank?

I took Step 2 CK back in July and got a 242. Had a 250 on Step 1.
Can anyone tell me what is the passing score for MCCEE?
Do my scores on Steps indicate if I'll probably pass if I just study a qbank for this next month.
Also, is there a practice test I can do that will give me an idea of where I stand now on passing the test (before I start to study)?

Thanks in advance for all the advice. :)
Good luck to everyone in this years MATCH!!!

I don't know about qbanks but i know that with scores like 250 and 242 on step 1 and 2, you do not need to worry about failing the MCCEE. Check out this FAQ page http://www.mcc.ca/en/faq/faq_ee.shtml#q4 it tells you everything you need to know. Pass score is 250, 33% or so fail the exam. The MCCEE is similar to the Step 2 CK.

Thanks so much for the reassurance. I'm going to do one month of Canada Qbank and hope for the best. Everyone that is Canadian that I spoke to on the interview trail has said its a lot easier than Step 2 CK, so hopefully I'll do ok.

Thanks again.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey I just read your linked post NewCanadian. That's interesting!

So less pressure I guess.

I still plan on obtaining my license for Canadian as I do my residency in the USA.
Does that mean I will still need to do the MCCEE anyways, since I plan on taking my MCCQE 1 & 2 during residency?

Thanks.

Interesting! I have to do more research about "coming back to Canada"!
And about J1 visa and the 2 years of return and J1 waiver jobs.

Thanks for all the support and advice everyone!

Hey everyone!

So I'm still going to take MCCEE in a couple days since I already registered for it and paid close to $2000 for it and all the paperwork back in November.

I've done about 1/3 of canadaqbank and I'm averaging 67%.

I know I did pretty well on my USMLEs but that was in July 2011 and 2012, and because of intense surgery rotation and residency interviews I haven't really had time to do much except do the 1/3 of questions on qbank. Feeling really unprepared going into this - but just need to pass.

Anyone know if 67% on canadaqbank correlates to a pass (250)?

Relax. With ur step 1 and 2 scores I'm sure ur a pretty good test taker... this exam straight forward.. not tricks.. no gimmicks... I guarantee ull score above the 90th percentile whether u study or not.. trust me.. I scored above the 99th percentile on this... on top of that.. nobody cares about ur score, just get the pass and ur golden..

Thanks! I just hope I don't blank. When I do questions, I'm getting really easy stuff wrong. And some of the qbank questions are so ridiculous. Its been like 6 months since reviewing anything hardcore and I feel like my IM and ob/gyn was ages ago. I've been reading a couple chapters out of my Step 2 Secrets book and I think that's what's freaking me out because there so much stuff I don't remember.

Hopefully the difficulty/type of questions is similar to the qbank?!

Also, does anyone know if I just bring the two pieces of ID to the prometric center? That's what is says on the website, so I hope thats all. With USMLE, we needed the permit as well, but there wasn't one when I booked this test. Can anyone confirm? I just plan to bring my passport and drivers license.

Thanks a bunch guys!