Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

One month until MCAT...28 on AAMC 3. Should I postpone?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by skim8448, 04.07.12.

1. skim8448

skim8448

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I plan to take the MCAT in just 3 weeks and took my first official practice test. I received a 28 (10 B, 10 V, 8 P) on AAMC 3....should I postpone to a May date?

If I stick with my current MCAT, I plan to just do as many practice problems and review whenever possible (I have classes and other activities)... but I should be able to get in around 50 hours before the exam and a few more practice exams...

Should I just take it in three weeks and sign up for the May 31st exam just in case?

I know AAMC 3 is the easiest practice exam so I just don't know how to feel about a 28. My goal score is a 30 or above. >_<

Thank you!
  2. fas376

fas376

Pre-Medical
    Relax. You have 3 weeks to bring your score up 2 points. You'll be fine.
  3. MedPR

MedPR

Pre-Podiatry
    It really depends. If all or most of your errors were isolated to a few topics, you probably just need to learn those topics better. However, if your errors were from all over the place, maybe you should postpone and do more content review.
  4. valkener

valkener

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I would keep on grinding hard.. 28 is a good score to build upon. One result also isn't good enough for an accurate assessment, taking the average of 3 is. If you have taken the MCAT before you probably know how long a year off or working is when you are planning for something big like medical school. Keep in mind you could try to go DO and you're not getting younger.

Good luck!
  5. chemhead123

chemhead123

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I would postpone... and try to take an exam 2 or 3 months from now. You have not assurances that you will raise your score with 50 hours of studying. It just depends. If you want a 30, you should be shooting for scoring 32 and 33 regularly on practice exams.

Just my opinion, but don't rush it...

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal