Online courses, 2 questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paulz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of taking an online course this fall. I have 2 questions:

1.I never took an online class before and know nothing of them. What is the deal with them? Like how do they work?

2.My current classes are these:

GEN CHEM 1
GEN CHEM 1 LAB
ANATOMY & PHYS
ANATOMY & PHYS LAB
MICROBIOLOGY
MICROBIOLOGY LAB
PHILOSOPHY(TO BANG OUT 2 GEN EDS)
P.E.

Would adding a HEALTH - DRUG STUDIES, be too much?

Thanks in advance

Paulz

Members don't see this ad.

i would get rid or PE and add the other class (unless is a req for ur major)
. seems like u have enough course for the semester.

I think online courses differ according to the schools. in my schools, u basically have to signed up to an specific website, they give u the hw. and the assigments, they tell u wut to read and stuff but everything is online. I dont know about ur school, also, in my school online classes bring a $300 extra charge:mad:.

Make sure you get on ratemyprofessor or myspace and look up the teachers name for the online class. Past students will definitely give a break down of the class material and work required. I do it before I register for any online class to ensure that I wont have to write anything or do any work. Stick to the online classes that only require quizzes/tests to be taken online. They're a joke, require no work, and give you an extra A for your GPA.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Do the teachers like post up the reading material or something and then you do online quizes/exams? Is that how it works?

Anyone any more adivce here? Thank you

I just finished an online course. It depends on your professor. In my course HW was given and you handed it in by a certain time. The system automatically closed the hw section once the time to hand it in was up. The exams were online and timed. System closed once you went over the time limit. The books were available at the bookstore. If the teacher had extra reading material she would send out an e-mail and we would be able to find it in the course document section. That's about all I can think of to say.

online classes in my experience have been amazing. i purposely took them for pre-req classes and it worked out perfectly. the teacher would post an assignment (reading + questions + discussion) on the course website and we would have a week to complete the whole thing, which is a ridiculous amount of time for the amount of work that was given. the real assignments (essays and such) were posted in another section of the website and we were given approximately two weeks to complete the projects.

all in all, it does depend on your teacher and how helpful, nice, and organized they are.