online MedEd notes/qbank

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angldrps

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of posts about online MedEd free videos on here , but couldn't find much on the other features that they offer. Does anyone have any input on the Qbank/notes?

Members don't see this ad.

The notes are essentially what is written on the board during the videos + some of what he says transcribed into text. They are generally 1-2 page PDFs for each video topic. They also include some of his drawn diagrams/tables. The subscription also comes with audio files of all of the lectures. I haven't gotten into the qbank yet.

Looks like it's rather expensive. If the notes really are just transcriptions of the video content, then I'm going to save the money for a more trusted qbank. Plus I already downloaded most, if not all, the videos.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the videos throughout 3rd year and found them very useful. I finished the year on a rural rotation with a commute, and the audio would have been very useful. I did not purchase access until a couple weeks before Step 2 as I had finished uworld and needed some roux specific review. Don't go into their qbank thinking that it will be like the test. It is single questions with answers, sorted by topic. I found it very useful. And yes,the handouts look like what he wrote on the board, but they are crisp and right there for you to use. Since one of the strengths of online meded is the algorithms, this is key. As far as the price goes, I bought a month for the price of an NBME plus dinner. 2 weeks of targeted studying vs a single assessment was a fair trade. Some people buy a whole year of Uworld or DiT- for them this shouldn't be a stretch.

Last edited: