online MPH?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

godbless

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone,
has anyone tried to go for online MPH courses?is a foreign dentist eligible for it or not?has anyone tried going there?please reply, if u know anything abt it, it will help me a lot, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Being a foreign dentist makes no difference in your application for an online MPH degree. Getting into an MPH program is generally pretty easy, provided you get a respectable GRE score. All most programs care for is just the cash you will give them. However a word of advice, if you want to just do an MPH for the label, then avoid Epi. It requires much more study than the other tracks.

Hope this helps,
T

hi everyone,
has anyone tried to go for online MPH courses?is a foreign dentist eligible for it or not?has anyone tried going there?please reply, if u know anything abt it, it will help me a lot, thanks

hi talal,
thanks for your reply, i am looking to get into some program without doing GRE,also i want some program where fee is less, and what is epi????
do u know any foreign dentist who did online mph program at a cheaper price and which is accredited too.what else do u know abt this?please reply thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
i also want to do online MPH
please reply if any one have some informationssssssssss

Godbless,

I think you will have to take the GRE to get into an MPH program. I think that is a compulsory requirement. As far as research on this option is concerned, go to the ASPH website (http://www.asph.org/ ). It has a list of all the programs. I think you will get all the info you need.

Hope this helps,
T

hi talal,
thanks for your reply, i am looking to get into some program without doing GRE,also i want some program where fee is less, and what is epi????
do u know any foreign dentist who did online mph program at a cheaper price and which is accredited too.what else do u know abt this?please reply thanks

Godbless,
What exactly are you looking for. A online course doesnot make you a full time student. if you are not already in US, then an online course cannot be a way to come to US. if you are in US on a f1 visa, you cannot continue your status on a F! visa. MPH is a pretty expensive course when you have to do online as you would not have any assistantship like some regular full time students. Any way , purpose of study, visa status and other things count on the course to be taken . be eloborate on your question.

hi dental doc,
i am interested in this online program coz i want to add somthing to my application to advanced standing.i hav a green card and live in the US, so visa is not a concern for me.i am very much intersted in the online program coz i want to do it without having to move to another place , and at the same time can study here for retaking part1 .but the problem is that it is so expensive, like 30 grand to do an online course, any suggestions?do u know of a cheaper university to do online mph or any other realted course that i can do online and improve my application??please reply, thanks
Godbless,
What exactly are you looking for. A online course doesnot make you a full time student. if you are not already in US, then an online course cannot be a way to come to US. if you are in US on a f1 visa, you cannot continue your status on a F! visa. MPH is a pretty expensive course when you have to do online as you would not have any assistantship like some regular full time students. Any way , purpose of study, visa status and other things count on the course to be taken . be eloborate on your question.

hi talal,
thanks for posting this link, it was very useful, it has a complete list of all univs offering this program, but it is so expensive, do u know if it is possible to do some other cheaper health related course online to add on to my application to the DDS program?please rpely, thanks
Godbless,

I think you will have to take the GRE to get into an MPH program. I think that is a compulsory requirement. As far as research on this option is concerned, go to the ASPH website (http://www.asph.org/ ). It has a list of all the programs. I think you will get all the info you need.

Hope this helps,
T

first of all, time is a major factor for an online course. it would take approximately 3 years. A course which is 100% online is very rare. Course which are usually online --- 75% online and 25% direct contact according to my knowledge. What i would recommend any one is not to do a 100% online course as it is not given by any reputable universities. The other person was talking about asph. Those all schools are real good ones, but they are expensive. there is a website called www.princetonreview.com you could check for schools over here. but all the schools are expensive now a days.
if you are already in the US, i dont think you should be doing all these courses. They do add some points but not to a great extent. You already have the strongest tool in hand. The "greencard". so what else do you want. you have an additional options when compared to f1 students like a few more colleges to apply. doing a mph for 2 years and 2or 3 years of international dentistry program , you could do a whole DDS course in US.
Any way that was my suggestion.
I dont think, you will find any course less than 30,000 dollars and even if you find one, it would be not worth doing it from a low grade college. you could try some other courses like oral biology, oral health , hospital administration and so on. but these courses are also expensive. I saw some one suggesting not to do "epi"- epidemology concentration. But according to me it is better than biostatistics concentration . thats my view. biostats is more interesting if you like mathematics and it is more challenging. i like biostats any way .
All the best!!

hi dental doc,
i am interested in this online program coz i want to add somthing to my application to advanced standing.i hav a green card and live in the US, so visa is not a concern for me.i am very much intersted in the online program coz i want to do it without having to move to another place , and at the same time can study here for retaking part1 .but the problem is that it is so expensive, like 30 grand to do an online course, any suggestions?do u know of a cheaper university to do online mph or any other realted course that i can do online and improve my application??please reply, thanks

I dont think you need to worry much if you already have a green card. You will get preferrence over others because of your green card.Also you can apply to so many other universities who accept only permanent residents in their advanced standing program. What are your stats by the way.