Online Organic Chemistry II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SEAHARP

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Online classes are a lot easier since they are open book, but it will still take a lot of work. Exams are a little easier but you need to have studied and have very organized notes and be able to quickly look for stuff in the textbook/powerpoint. If your transcript doesn't distinguish between taking it online vs in-class (if they can't tell if you took it online or not) then I say go for it. You'd better get an A in the class though if you are retaking it, otherwise it looks pretty bad.

Online classes are a lot easier since they are open book, but it will still take a lot of work. Exams are a little easier but you need to have studied and have very organized notes and be able to quickly look for stuff in the textbook/powerpoint. If your transcript doesn't distinguish between taking it online vs in-class (if they can't tell if you took it online or not) then I say go for it. You'd better get an A in the class though if you are retaking it, otherwise it looks pretty bad.
Not all online classes are open book. For some you must find a professor or teacher in the area to proctor your exams. Or you log in with a webcam to a service that proctors the exams remotely.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took Orgo I/II and Biochem via University of New England online. Orgo I and Biochem were brutally difficult, but Orgo II wasn't too bad. You take exams with a monitored webcam. I got an A in all of them, but it was a lot of work and it did prep me well for the DAT (23 in orgo after doing it all online).

As fortune would have it, not all online courses are created equal, and for that matter, neither are CC or university courses.