Online Prereqs suggestion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queenbee9136

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm just finishing up AP 2 and now getting ready to take Statistics and Abnormal Psych, preferrably online. Has anyone taken either of these classes online, where the exams were online open book finals. All of my local classes are full and I want to complete my preqs in time to send out applications by the end of spring. Thanks in advance.:)

Members don't see this ad.

None of the online courses I have taken ever had an open book final. I retook my psychology courses, including Abnormal Psychology, through Louisiana State University Independent & Distance learning. Both the midterms and the finals had to be taken at proctored locations.
Since I have taken the courses in the past I was able to compare the materials & quality of the courses. I found LSU's online courses to be just as challenging as the ones I took in the classroom.I retook the courses since my old psychology courses were over 5 years old. As far as statistics courses go, I'd ask around as much as possible.
I also retook statistics through an online course at a local community college. It was miserable to do online since many online math courses require you to really teach yourself with the online tools available.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

I took Abnormal Psych online. If you're asking whether OT grad schools take online prereqs, then yes they do (typically not science classes like A&P). The way my university worked is for most classes, your exams are online (although I have taken a few classes that have on campus finals). When you are behind the computer taking a test, some people do use books/notes since they can, although most syllabi will say this is not allowed. However, do note that most exams online are timed (at least mine were). So for a 50 question exam, you may only get 45-60 minutes. Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
I took abnormal psych online. It was fine. It was the only on line class I've ever taken that we had to go to the campus testing center to take our exams. I find online classes to be more work than on site classes (simply because you have to write in discussions so much), but really that was a good one to take online.

I wouldn't take statistics on line. I don't know about you, but I needed the in person instruction and then I used the math lab at my school quite a bit for help.

I'm actually going to take mine online. Check out BYU. Theyre very well priced and accredited.

University of Alaska Fairbanks offers Abnormal Psychology, Statistics and upper division psych classes online and the best part is, during the summer session, they offer in-state tuition to everyone.

If you're willing to travel to Alaska for the summer, the profs they bring in for A&P I&II and Biology 101/102 are amazing!!

I know a lot of people that went to UAF and really enjoyed it. I am currently enrolled in Abnormal Psych online at UC Berkeley Extension. The final is proctored and can be sent to a local proctoring center wherever you are in the US. UCB ext. also offers Statistics. I have never had trouble enrolling with UCB Extension and have taken 4 classes with them.