Online Princeton Review Course QUESTIONS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LACMA

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello good people of SDN!

I'm considering taking the princeton review mcat course online. I was wondering what the draw backs are compared to an in person class room. Also, what's it like taking it online? Is it like Skype?

Also, would it be a wise decision to split the cost with my friend? We could just work together on the same course online and it'd be way cheaper....

I'd really appreciate your advice. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I thought the online modules were very helpful, not sure what they look like now exactly, but I thought it helped to keep me on track with my studying, and then also with content and speed. If I was just in the mood to have 500 bio questions thrown at me one after another then I could do that.

I thought the online modules were very helpful, not sure what they look like now exactly, but I thought it helped to keep me on track with my studying, and then also with content and speed. If I was just in the mood to have 500 bio questions thrown at me one after another then I could do that.

Thanks! What exactly do they mean when the teaching is live? Do I get to ask the instructor questions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the online one. I liked it and did as well as I was hoping based on it (and my own studying). I enjoyed online more than I would have liked the in person I think, but maybe in person you'd feel more pressure to focus every second? I had a month after the course to continue studying, so I used the course as a full topic review since I had been out of the classes for many years. In the month I restudied what felt weak (really, everything needed another pass since they covered topics really quickly, and I couldn't keep up the reading/class while managing my job and other classes) and went through multiple days worth of discrete quizzes/passages per day. So... The course runs 2 months (?) so I did about three days worth of review so I'd fit another full review with more depth within the month.

Sharing would be hard in my opinion, since a lot of the questions are in quiz form online, and once they are done, they are done. I suppose there is the science workbook as well, and subject/chapter questions and passages, but I liked the computer format since that's more like the actual exam.

Also, there's an MCAT subforum where this sort of this is discussed more frequently than the pre-allo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I took the online one. I liked it and did as well as I was hoping based on it (and my own studying). I enjoyed online more than I would have liked the in person I think, but maybe in person you'd feel more pressure to focus every second? I had a month after the course to continue studying, so I used the course as a full topic review since I had been out of the classes for many years. In the month I restudied what felt weak (really, everything needed another pass since they covered topics really quickly, and I couldn't keep up the reading/class while managing my job and other classes) and went through multiple days worth of discrete quizzes/passages per day. So... The course runs 2 months (?) so I did about three days worth of review so I'd fit another full review with more depth within the month.

Sharing would be hard in my opinion, since a lot of the questions are in quiz form online, and once they are done, they are done. I suppose there is the science workbook as well, and subject/chapter questions and passages, but I liked the computer format since that's more like the actual exam.

Also, there's an MCAT subforum where this sort of this is discussed more frequently than the pre-allo.

Oh I'm sorry! I didn't know... Thank you for your reply though!

Has anyone taken the winter bootcamp? I'm thinking of doing that one since I won't have school during winter break.

Also, I don't know how to move this post to the mcat forum...

Hey LACMA,

The LiveOnline Ultimate course and the in person Ultimate course are exactly the same in terms of content, so it really all comes down to how you like to study. The LiveOnline course is taught in real time--if class is scheduled from 5-8pm on a Tuesday, for example, your instructor will log on during that time to teach, and you'll have the opportunity to ask questions. In terms of the online format, LiveOnline classes are taught using a virtual whiteboard with chat features. A couple benefits of going the LiveOnline route are:

a) Flexibility. You can log on anywhere you have internet, which may make it easier to fit the course into your schedule if you have a lot going on.
b) The lessons are recorded, so if you're having trouble with something you can go back and listen to the lesson again.

I'm happy to answer any questions you (or anyone else) has about the courses!

-R

Hey LACMA,

The LiveOnline Ultimate course and the in person Ultimate course are exactly the same in terms of content, so it really all comes down to how you like to study. The LiveOnline course is taught in real time--if class is scheduled from 5-8pm on a Tuesday, for example, your instructor will log on during that time to teach, and you'll have the opportunity to ask questions. In terms of the online format, LiveOnline classes are taught using a virtual whiteboard with chat features. A couple benefits of going the LiveOnline route are:

a) Flexibility. You can log on anywhere you have internet, which may make it easier to fit the course into your schedule if you have a lot going on.
b) The lessons are recorded, so if you're having trouble with something you can go back and listen to the lesson again.

-R
Since the lectures are recorded, is attendance to the live portion mandatory? I work full-time and my ideal MCAT course would be accessible 24/7

I'd say it's nice to attend the courses because the recorder lectures can miss pre and post material questions, etc. sometimes people forget to press record, etc. I didn't attend any psych lectures and no one bothered me. It probably voids the score guarantee policy or something.

Since the lectures are recorded, is attendance to the live portion mandatory? I work full-time and my ideal MCAT course would be accessible 24/7

Attendance is part of the score guarantee policy. If your work schedule is pretty consistent, you can try searching for a course that runs on days and times when you have off (just select your preferred days when you search for courses on our website). Another option that might work well for you is Self-Paced. You'll have access to formatted instruction and our online tools and practice tests, but you can do all of your prep at a time and place that works for you.

@ThePrincetonReview I just signed up today for the LiveOnline Ultimate course. The agent told me my materials would be overnighted to me. Does this include the released AAMC Material, or is that online material? I know they just released more question packs, etc., and am wondering how I gain access to that material.

Hey LACMA,

-R
hey, quick question.
So I'm taking a prep course with Princeton Review. It's the Live online course. I downloaded the blackboard to my computer but each time I click on it, it runs the application again. I thought the Blackboard launch will enable one open the learning application and access the modules and other resources. I'm getting frustrated already. I heard great things about PR before I signed up, now I'm having second thoughts.