Online review Course: RxPrep or Kaplan?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caramel123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of taking one of these courses. Has anyone taken one of these before? Thoughts? Is it worth it?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
slowly. im taking notes from my apha book. im writing my own Q&A format. I used this method while studying in school and got 95's on my exams [when i had time to do this method]. It's a lot of work but it's worth it. It just takes a long freakin time.

how about you? when are you taking yours?

Im gona take the Florida MPJE soon (early to mid june), i am studying for CPJE here and there. I have the rxprep 2011 book, but i havent taken the online course.

Members don't see this ad :)
anybody like to study or discuss together?i will take naplex in june end or july..let me know...asap

thanks

hi fancypancy..i took naplex on may 4th but i didnt pass.i am planning on taking it again in august hopefully..in the meanwhile i am studying for the cpje and i wanted to take pass naplex now...i am ready to dicuss anything ..let me know how can we arrange this..may be through skype or messenger!!

hi fancypancy..i took naplex on may 4th but i didnt pass.i am planning on taking it again in august hopefully..in the meanwhile i am studying for the cpje and i wanted to take pass naplex now...i am ready to dicuss anything ..let me know how can we arrange this..may be through skype or messenger!!
where do you live?state?county?are you a foreign graduate?what is your cell no,or e mail?i will contact u....

So I'm thinking of taking one of these courses. Has anyone taken one of these before? Thoughts? Is it worth it?

great - any aspiring pharmacist without RxPrep on hand is missing out a lot. i am telling you from experience - you read the book, you pass! even better, you carry the book around with you - even after passing the exam - you become a better pharmacist. that book does magic, as in 'real magic'. you don't need anything else.

the videos - don't have words to describe them. they teach you how to think like a drug-expert. those two ladies seem like they were born to do this - sent from some alien land for us.

Reactions: 2 users
great - any aspiring pharmacist without RxPrep on hand is missing out a lot. i am telling you from experience - you read the book, you pass! even better, you carry the book around with you - even after passing the exam - you become a better pharmacist. that book does magic, as in 'real magic'. you don't need anything else.

the videos - don't have words to describe them. they teach you how to think like a drug-expert. those two ladies seem like they were born to do this - sent from some alien land for us.

I'm glad to hear this - just bought my RxPrep book and course as well as the CPJE materials. They were costly, but I figured they would be worth it!! Here's hoping!:)

I'm glad to hear this - just bought my RxPrep book and course as well as the CPJE materials. They were costly, but I figured they would be worth it!! Here's hoping!:)

To Princess Cupcake:
The book, excellent. Why? The book has just enough information so you learn and feel confident (APha book was way too detailed, I did try and had to stop APha book).

The questions online: Good way of training us to take COMPUTERIZED EXAM.
With Computerized exam, I got the training of:
Benefit 1: Reading and try to eliminate answers without pen (In pharmacy school, for multiple choice, I took test on paper and always HAD to cross out the wrong keyword of the wrong answer. Knowing the NAPLEX and CPJE are both computerized, I worried that I would not take test properly with confidence because I will NOT have a way to cross out the wrong word or wrong answer.)

Benefit 2: Practice math with Computerized Calculator (not hand held calculator). (NEW IMPORTANT NOTE for CLASS OF 2014: YOU HAVE LEGAL RIGHT TO GET HANDHELD REAL CALCULATOR FOR NAPLEX. I wrote very detailed post in this forum about NAPLEX LEGALLY SUPPLIES HANDHELD CALCULATOR (post was at this link, WITH EVIDENCE FROM NAPLEX:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...d-in-naplex-exams-2014.1057207/#post-14961836)

Benefit 3: Seeing TIME going down (If you have never seen the test timer going down, you will very likely get nervous and rush through the questions.)
The trick about TIME COUNTER is:
you want to know the time available for you
AND
you do not want to constantly look at that time because you will waste time and freak out.
Human psychology is very weird.
By doing RXPREP online, you get to see the TIME COUNTER and you develop your own mindset so you will not constantly look at COUNTER all the time.
Benefit 4: Before my exam, I practiced taking RXPREP computerized test for 4 hours a day for 7 days. The benefit of RXPREP computerized test is: your score is calculated automatically by computer and you save time because you will instantly know how good you are at this point for this subject.

My wish:
I hope by now for class of 2014, RXPREP gives more questions in form of Patient Case like NAPLEX and PRE-NAPLEX. (The first time I took PRE-NAPLEX in 2011, I freaked out because the questions in the form of Patient Case were given in conservative quantity by RXPREP book and online questions.)

Overall: RXPREP combo: Book, Computerized Online Questions, Video: 99% good. I studied with this combo and they helped me pass on first try.

Math: I learned from RXPREP and practiced all math questions from packet of SDN 120 Math Questions (I practiced 60 math questions a day because I was told math would be about 30 percent of 185 questions, meaning about 50 questions. My NAPLEX had about 35 questions or so.)

Good luck to you all.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I am selling my RXprep online subscription which includes +70 videos and question bank + mpje questions and videos , I can sell the whole package only not separately.
you can email me at [email protected]