Online study group March MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corpsman Up

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone interested in starting an online study group for the March MCAT? We could all work together to come up with a schedule, discuss trouble areas, compare test scores, etc. I know I would personally benefit from having others "around" to get through this with

Members don't see this ad.

I am planning to take MCAT on April 5th. If you don't mind that, I would be willing to join in.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the MCAT last may May, and I was actually wondering the
exact same thing when I was starting out: trying to draw up some sort
of comprehensive study plan. A friend had recommended a local tutoring service run
by med students (he actually took a class with them) that was offering
free consultations:

http://polaristestprep.com/polaris-consultations

So it was totally free for me (although they did mention their class a
few times). The guy I met with was a first year at upenn's med school.
He was pretty easy to talk to and seemed knowledgeable about
the general process. The session was an hour long; we basically made
an MCAT study plan, and with the remaining time, I was able to ask
some questions/get his opinion on my application.

Anyways, the study plan worked very well, and I'm very happy with my
score. I really didnt want to buy a class (theirs or kaplan or princeton), but my friend swears by them (i think he said most of their instructors were former kaplan/princeton anyways, sick of having the companies taking all the money).

I'm actually applying to penn's med school now (i'm finishing
up my senior year now at penn), and was able to meet up with the guy I
spoke to a few times outside the site to talk about penn's interviews.
Didn't even bring up any kind of fee-- really nice guy.

I took the MCAT last may May, and I was actually wondering the
exact same thing when I was starting out: trying to draw up some sort
of comprehensive study plan. A friend had recommended a local tutoring service run
by med students (he actually took a class with them) that was offering
free consultations:

http://polaristestprep.com/polaris-consultations

So it was totally free for me (although they did mention their class a
few times). The guy I met with was a first year at upenn's med school.
He was pretty easy to talk to and seemed knowledgeable about
the general process. The session was an hour long; we basically made
an MCAT study plan, and with the remaining time, I was able to ask
some questions/get his opinion on my application.

Anyways, the study plan worked very well, and I'm very happy with my
score. I really didnt want to buy a class (theirs or kaplan or princeton), but my friend swears by them (i think he said most of their instructors were former kaplan/princeton anyways, sick of having the companies taking all the money).

I'm actually applying to penn's med school now (i'm finishing
up my senior year now at penn), and was able to meet up with the guy I
spoke to a few times outside the site to talk about penn's interviews.
Didn't even bring up any kind of fee-- really nice guy.

it says it's $45 for one hour....

Ah, it is normally $45 but apparently every year in December they offer it for free.

When I went there was a sign up form at the top of the page. I just scheduled a time and didnt even have to enter my credit card information. Ignore the buy now button at the bottom of the page, I guess they just didnt take that down.

Ah, it is normally $45 but apparently every year in December they offer it for free.

When I went there was a sign up form at the top of the page. I just scheduled a time and didnt even have to enter my credit card information. Ignore the buy now button at the bottom of the page, I guess they just didnt take that down.

ah, got it, thanks-- im signed up to talk to a first year med student at upenn on monday to talk about my application! no credit card info asked

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd be interested in joining. I was originally scheduled for Jan. 28th but I haven't had the motivation to study so I moved it back to April 5th. I just came up with a study plan according to the AAMC outline for subjects tested and it looks do-able. I work 70 hrs a week so it's been hard to find the time, but having a group might help me with that. How will this be organized?

I'm not planning on taking it until June. Was thinking about utilizing TBR books. Anyone else going that route?

Hi,
I am in the same boat, but I will be taking mine on April 12th. I have a couple ideas about how we could organize this group... one is we can have a google group thread... so basically we can post any questions that we have online and others can respond. We can have a motivation page... which basically any of can turn to in moments when we get stuck. We can also have a thread on tricks that work. I feel like these 3 would be most helpful for me and this way it doesn't matter when a person is taking the MCAT, it can apply to everyone. Anyone in with this idea?

Also to those who don't have gmail, you can still access google groups without a gmail.

I would be interested in preparing for the the April MCAT exam. How do I get started and what is the schedule?

Thanks,
FutureMD

I'm not planning on taking it until June. Was thinking about utilizing TBR books. Anyone else going that route?

I am in! I will take it mid-May and will be using TBR books! I just joined the forum and don't really know how to inbox people and stuff to plan meeting dates, etc etc :confused:

I am so down! Signed up for Mar24.

I'm using TBR and I'm on Ch5 for each subject so I guess I'll just post questions as I move along in my studies here or something?