Online Summer Electives

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Camio

Tufts V20
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi folks! I'm a longtime lurker here, and finally have a question I couldn't find an answer to! I'm a recent B.S. in biology graduate and am applying to vet school (round 2) this year. I did admissions advising, and found that I really should take an online class this summer, as doing so will boost my last 45 credit hour GPA by over 0.2! The challenge is finding an asynchronous, online course that I can register for this late in the season, and hopefully have finished and on a transcript by the end of the admissions cycle. The course has to be purely online, as I'm in a pretty remote place doing research all summer. I'm looking for something related to biology, medicine, or ecology that will be relevant/interesting, but not horribly demanding as I'm working around 60 hours/week! The only thing I have turned up so far is a medical terminology class offered by the University of New England. Also, I've already done Animal Nutrition online, so that's not an option.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly I'd just find some cheaper schools that offer online courses and see what's out there. I can give you UMN recommendations but those classes are pricey and probably not worth it. I'd start looking at schools and then just look on their websites for course options and pick something you're interested in.

I registered in two courses: Animal Science and Animal Nutrition (self-paced, online) via OK state corresponding education. Pretty affordable too! Check it out www.ce.okstate.edu