Online Undergraduate Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The One Who Knocks

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a general question, and I am hoping someone can give me a clean cut answer.

I would never consider taking a pre-med requirement as an online course, but what about my general education courses?

I have already taken a few, and I would like to continue taking a couple more gen-ed courses online, but I do not want this to negatively impact me in any way. I am at Wayne State University, and my advisor has told me that this issue only applies to pre-med requirements, not gen-eds, but I still would like some feedback from you all!

Also, my school does not list the course as "online" on my official transcripts, so how would med schools even know?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

In your case medical schools wouldn't know, so it won't matter.

I think you will be fine taking gen ed reqs online. People do community college/online gen eds followed by transfer to university all the time and do not have a problem with that.

This is especially true if it will not be visible that it was completed online...why wouldn't you?

Also, my school does not list the course as "online" on my official transcripts, so how would med schools even know?

If you are correct in that your school does not list them as ONLINE. There is no way for the med schools to differentiate..

They won't know unless you tell them.