This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saysean

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
So I am hoping to apply to Emergency Medicine this cycle. I currently have a regular EM LOR, but I will receive my first SLOE by the middle of October ( finish EM rotation by then) and second by the middle of November. Is this too late in terms of applying because I won't have the usually standard of two SLOE by sept 15? If not, should I submit my applications on the sept 15 without the SLOEs ( I made a letter entry for the first SLOE) and assign them when have been confirmed or wait ?

Thank you for the help !

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All,
So I am hoping to apply to Emergency Medicine this cycle. I currently have a regular EM LOR, but I will receive my first SLOE by the middle of October ( finish EM rotation by then) and second by the middle of November. Is this too late in terms of applying because I won't have the usually standard of two SLOE by sept 15? If not, should I submit my applications on the sept 15 without the SLOEs ( I made a letter entry for the first SLOE) and assign them when have been confirmed or wait ?

Thank you for the help !

It isn't too late. Just submit what you have tomorrow and update programs as the letters come in. Most invites don't go out until after ACEP anyhow. Besides, there isn't much else you can do, right?