Only shadowed 1 dentist so far and want to submit app ASAP. should I?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhodes1210

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What if I only shadowed 1 dentist so far and really want to submit my app asap? Should I try shadowing more dentists before submitting?!

PLEASE, need input!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is that enough or should I wait and seek more dentists to shadow before submitting?

How's your GPA and DAT? If you are looking to apply asap, you still have to gather letters from 2-3 professors as well which may take a month or two.

Reactions: 1 user
I only did one and got multiple acceptances.

Reactions: 1 users
It's preferable to have multiple shadowing experiences as different dentists run their practice differently, and it's good to see that. However, in your situation with 120 hrs and great DAT and GPA, you should definitely go ahead and apply!

Reactions: 1 user
There are only a couple schools that require multiple dentists for shadowing, but almost all of the schools require some hours with a general dentist so if this was not a general dentist, get in 40-60 hours with a general dentist first, you should easily be able to do that in the next 2 weeks. If your 120 hours were with a general dentist, you are fine.

agreed with the general sentiment of this thread that you should be fine with 120hrs despite shadowing only one dentist

btw are you a rhodes scholar lol