Oops. Email Coordinator to notify PS replaced?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

birthdaycake

Hi all,

I've made a VERY clumsy mistake in this application process. I recently un-assigned SEVERAL previously submitted personal statements and uploaded new ones to replace them. I thought this would be okay based on an email from ERAS help which said, "If you create a new personal statement and un-assign the old one and select the new one it will replace the personal statement that they have previously received."

Unfortunately on ADTS I can see that in some cases BOTH of the personal statements are available to the program, and in other cases "not yet retrieved" or "Not uploaded to PostOffice." Even for programs which have not retrieved any of my information, I can see both personal statements listed with "Not yet retrieved."

An SDN poster just told me they will always be able to view both of these statements.

Should I email the residency coordinator for these programs and ask if they could please replace the previous PS in my file with a newly submitted one? For some of them it probably won't make too much of a difference, but for others like UTSW I initially missed the required format of the statement so the first copy would disqualify me from consideration.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!! :(

---clueless applicant

Members don't see this ad.

You could also contact ERAS to see if there is some way to fix it.

One of my letter writers caught a mistake after I submitted everything. He uploaded the new one. I spent the whole afternoon emailing all the coordinators to let them know.

It was a pretty big mistake in the letter. I still got 20 invites...so don't stress too much.

Reactions: 1 users
You could also contact ERAS to see if there is some way to fix it.

One of my letter writers caught a mistake after I submitted everything. He uploaded the new one. I spent the whole afternoon emailing all the coordinators to let them know.

It was a pretty big mistake in the letter. I still got 20 invites...so don't stress too much.

Thank you for the encouraging response! It's great to hear that that didn't really affect the application process!