Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

op ka naam lurkey hah

Discussion in 'India and South Asia' started by masterMood, 08.15.04.

1. masterMood

masterMood Removed

Post Doc

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    um my parents are pakistani and they know how to speak urdu

but there's a language barrier because i can understand all of urdu, but I can't speak it. what do I do?

btw, I am a high school student and do they offer an urdu course or something for me to take, because I want to speak my language
  2. Energon

Energon Nobody Summons Megatron

SDN 10+ Year Member
    The title of this thread may make more sense in Klingon than Urdu :rolleyes: ...

jokes aside, Urdu is a great language. If you are serious about learning it, you should take a class which practically every Pakistani based mosque should offer :) .
  3. Dramkinola

Dramkinola Psychiatry Resident

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 7+ Year Member
    What city do you live in? If you live in Chicago or New York/New Jersey, and maybe Houston you could find classes...
    Otherwise, Hindi and Urdu spoken are basically the same thing... Rent some Indian movies and watch them and start repeating the lines, haha...
    Actually, I 'm an Urdu speaker too... and I became fluent at about 18... but only because I went and lived in Hyderabad for 6 years... That's the only sure fire way to learn it fluently (go to India/Pakistan I mean)...

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal