Open Clinical Rotations in USA, Europe, Africa, and other countries.... GHLO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

civan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Global health learning opportunities/ GHLO? It's for medical students in final year who want to take clinical placements in the USA, and and other countries in Asia/Africa/Europe/South America.

i heard of this last year when they were in the pilot phase of only 24 schools... they have now grown to 70 schools all over. (They said that at a student conference i went to)

Basically if you are a student from a school that isn't listed in the GHLO network, you email them at [email protected] and they reach out to the school themselves to bring them into the network. then you can apply for electives at all other schools in the network.

www.aamc.org/ghlo

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
i forgot to mention that my friend at a medical school in israel told her school about GHLO and they are NOW accepted in that program so she can complete electives next year in the USA.

Last edited:
I just found out that my school is participating in the program as well. Anyone know what the fee is you have to pay to use the GHLO system?