ophtho audio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mb6094

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be entering my PGY2 year next year and am in a program that requires a fair amount of commuting. Are there any forms of audio lectures that are available so this time is not wasted? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I will be entering my PGY2 year next year and am in a program that requires a fair amount of commuting. Are there any forms of audio lectures that are available so this time is not wasted? Thanks

There's actually a lot of good ophtho audio out there. That said, as a pgy2 you probably don't need to be listening to all the most recent journal articles and whatnot.

My recommendation is see if any pgy3 or 4's in your program went to one of the review courses last year. Those courses typically give out MP3 CD's with all the lectures.

hi,

were you able to find any good audio lectures for a PGY2 in ophthalmology; id be really grateful if you could share any info with me; im starting this summer and i have a long daily commute so would love to be able to not waste the time spent on driving,

thx!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, sorry to piggyback, but I too will be in the same boat this july (long commute, in need of audio), please pm any link/resource for audio lectures.

Thanks!

I would recommend the "As Seen From Here" podcasts.

Echoing other responses, I would recommend audio from review courses. I had the San Antonio review course on audio and got quite a bit out of listening to it on the occasional long commute. That said, if you are early in your pgy-2, internship or medical school, this will be too rapid fire for you to truly appreciate it. Need to sit down, look at pictures and read. Perhaps later in pgy-2 this becomes more useful.

When I was a resident I had a long commute on weekends to see my girlfriend. I invested in audiodigest. They are great, were great as a resident, and I still get 24 cat 1 credits per year as I still listen to them driving to our satellites. The big drawback is $$. However, since you are not trying to capture the CME credits a few of you could go in together and split the cost, or ask you PD if they could help with some $$ and make them a program learning tool.