Opinion of USNI "Proceedings" Journal?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fiinch

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon All,

I'm planning to apply for a PhD program soon to practice Psychology with military populations (I am currently military as well), and I would like an opinion from a military medical perspective...

...I recently wrote a research article for the USNI journal "Proceedings," and it was selected as a contest winner and will be published in a forthcoming issue. I understand this journal to be professional and peer-reviewed, but I am not sure how it is generally regarded amongst the medical community or within academia. Can anyone provide insight?

I am ultimately hoping this can be used to bolster my CV in applications, if I can list it as a peer-reviewed journal.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks very much, Gastrapathy. I understand that it has no footprint in medicine, perhaps I worded my question wrong...I am more asking if it would be inauthentic to list their journal as peer-reviewed? Their submissions and publications are blind reviewed by at least 2 editorial staff and 4 subject experts...does this pass muster for the academic understanding of "peer-reviewed," in your opinion?

Members don't see this ad :)
Personally I would probably put it in a different section of my CV than where I would list my true Academic, peer reviewed, journal articles.

If it's not pubmed indexed (which Proceedings obviously isn't) then it has a different "flavor" to me. I would certainly still put it on the CV though.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app