Opinion on chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2thsaver

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've been a member on this site for quite some time and have found some great information and great dental application tips. I've created a 'chance me' thread before, but I have some updates so I figured I'd make this one as a replacement. I have a general idea of my chances but would like to know what other people think. Keep in mind I'm a third time Canadian re-applicant, and everything in my application has improved over the last couple cycles except my DAT scores (retaking soon) and research hours.

Degrees held:
Bachelor of Science (Honors) - Biochemistry, Class of 2011
Bachelor of Science (Honors) - Medical Sciences, Class of 2014

Stats:
oGPA: 3.45
sGPA: 3.44
BCP GPA: 3.43
non-sGPA: 3.50

**My last 3.5 years of school (81 credits) I have a 3.96 GPA (basically my Medical Sciences GPA).

DAT:
AA/TS/PAT, 18/19/18

EC's/Volunteering/Community Service:
1500 hrs

Dentistry Experience:
470 hrs

Research:
200 hrs

Work Experience:
5600 hrs

Academic Enrichment:
12 hrs (UDM pre-dental workshop)

Also, I have a solid personal statement and great LOR's. Applied 2nd batch.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure you would be competitive anywhere you applied honestly.

Nice stats!!

Thanks! Just my DAT is upsetting me :(

Members don't see this ad :)
You look pretty good this time around! Your DAT isn't even bad, I guess since you're Canadian you need higher stats. Just focus on your upcoming DAT and try to increase a few points to a 21AA. Also consider preparing for interviews with some mock interviews. I think they are just as important to securing a seat. Good luck :)

Thank you very much! I appreciate the feedback. Does anyone else have any input? :)