Opinions needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Combine AAO Forum with SDN?

• Yes

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Perhaps... but read below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Andrew_Doan

Doc, Author, Entrepreneur
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been asked to moderate the ophthalmology forum for the AAO and www.eyeorbit.org (owned by the AAO). I would like to combine the forums by linking them.

My questions are:

1) would you like senior ophthalmologists to browse here and possible post?

2) would the residents post on the AAO forums about AAO issues?

I am hoping to have the www.eyeorbit.org use this forum rather than starting a new forum.

I can place links on the AAO and SDN forums that share similar interests.

What do you all think? Any suggestions? :thumbup: :thumbdown: ???

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like a good idea to me. Right now, ophthalmologists need to unite!

Andrew-

Regarding point #1, input from a wider audience should be of benefit to everyone. I'd love to have more "higher-ups" posting on this board. Those who have been practicing a while may be able to add a different spin to things. This would be especially beneficial to those seeking to enter the field (or who are interested in certain subspecialties). Great idea! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)

I think it is a great idea. I also want to take this opportunity to thank you for all the questions you've answered me via your forums. Feel free to contact me for any help.

It's official. SDN forums will soon be integrated with www.eyeorbit.org (a website of the AAO). Also, I'll moderate the AAO forum for Academy members. Are there specific forums you think we should have on the AAO site? I was thinking making a forum for general classifieds (e.g. ophthalmic equipment and books), a forum for residents/physicians to inquire about job opportunities, and a forum to discuss fellowship/research opportunities. All residents should be members of the AAO and will have access to this information. I'm trying to offer more services so that medical students who match in ophthalmology will continue to browse and post on these forums (SDN and on the AAO forums).