Opinions on my school list, please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rkendal2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN,

I would love your opinions on my school list and chances.

Here are my stats:
DAT: AA: 20 TS: 21 OC: 20 GC: 22 Bio: 21 RC: 21 QR: 18 PAT: 24
oGPA/sGPA/BCP: All 3.74+
PA resident, ~100 hrs of shadowing, 200+ hrs of community service, worked daily throughout college so I have few ECs. I was a trainer at two jobs for leadership

The list I have decided is:

Temple
Pitt
Lecom
Nova
Maryland
NYU
Boston
Penn
Tufts

Also thinking of adding UOP and UNE to the list. If there are any you think would be a good choice to add, let me know.

Any opinions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Thanks SDN and good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd add Case Western. It's pretty close to home, and I really loved the school.

Also... Do you really want to go all the way to California for dental school? Judging from your list, I'd guess not. If it isn't a school you could really see yourself attending, I wouldn't add UoP. (I found myself in this same predicament last year. Don't waste $600 bucks on airline tickets before changing your mind like I did, though! :laugh: LOL! It's a great school, no doubt, but the cost and location just weren't ideal for me.)

Maybe add OSU, too? They seem pretty OOS-friendly, judging by their class profile.

You have solid stats, and your ECs look perfectly fine. I think you have great chances!

Thank you so much Glimmer!

Your list looks good. Definitely agree with Glimmer. If you want to go to California, then what about UCLA or UCSF? I see you have UoP down, but those are two other California schools.

If you plan to do specialization, then LECOM doesn't do it. I believe they only graduate dental students as general dentists and don't have a specialty in their program. So if you want to specialize, then I think that would not be the school. I think Univ of Florida though does have specialization. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user