Opinions Wanted: 6 Weeks Enough Time To Prepare for DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vert

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Msg deleted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

To everyone who has either already written the DAT, or is well underway in their studying and has a good idea of how much studying is involved, do you think it is realistically possible to prepare for the DAT in 6 weeks?

I know that this is an extremely variable question and depends a lot on the person, but I am just curious with what people's thoughts are on this plan.

I have scheduled to write my DAT at the beginning of July, and do not want to push it later (if at all possible) because I am taking a summer course and working full time as of the second week of July.

I know that I will have to devote a lot of time to the DAT in these next 6 weeks. To give you an idea of my situation, it has been two years since chem and one year since orgo (not to mention high school math lol) - just to give you an idea of where I am starting from.. so I know I have a ways to go.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much :)

-- vert
With your situation I think its enough time. I would register for Kaplan and start from there.

I've gone through about a billion posts to try and figure out this answer.

Some people study for months. Some people study for weeks. Some people study for 1 week and do fine.

I think it depends on how well you can absorb information. You know that there are people in your class (may or may not be you) that need to prepare for a typical college exam for a week or two. There are other students that can prepare the night before the exam and get a better grade than the person studying for 2 weeks prior to the exam.

With that said, although I have not yet personally taken the exam I would think that 6 weeks is enough time. Study your a** off and if you are not ready in six weeks you can always reschedule. But I'd aim for 6 weeks and not use rescheduling as a crutch, as I have been doing :)