Opp comat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MRSAful Fate

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any insight into the OPP COMAT? I'm taking it next week (required) and there's pretty much no information online aside from what the NBOME says about it. I did the practice exam (http://www.nbome.org/comat/html_op/Q1.htm) which was pretty basic, anyone know if this is representative of the actual exam? My strategy is to re-memorize VS and Chapman's points then do a basic general concept review.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have any insight into the OPP COMAT? I'm taking it next week (required) and there's pretty much no information online aside from what the NBOME says about it. I did the practice exam (http://www.nbome.org/comat/html_op/Q1.htm) which was pretty basic, anyone know if this is representative of the actual exam? My strategy is to re-memorize VS and Chapman's points then do a basic general concept review.
I remember this being pretty difficult actually. If you know savarese cold though you should be okay. But the questions can be quite complex, 3rd and 4th order in some cases. I would say if you've done the COMBANK/COMQUEST OMM questions plus the questions in savarese that's probably the best prepared you can get.

I didn't think it was the worst thing ever, but many of my classmates thought it was pretty terrible. Maybe I just a better version because I'm usually the one to say it's terrible lol. I also just happened to review some of my known weak points in OPP right before and those were definitely on there. If you reviewed Savarese and did questions, you'd be fine I think. I guess it all depends on where you are in your training when you take it. I had just taken step 2, so theoretically if I passed COMLEX, I should've been prepared for the COMAT in OPP. I haven't gotten either of those scores back, but hopefully that philosophy will prove true. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have advice on using combank, comquest, or both? I used comquest for level 1 and thought the questions were not a good good use of time apart from the legal and ethic ones, and heard combank was similar. Is it better for the COMAT?

I didn't think the exam was too bad. I barely studied honestly, I just ended up spending an hour or two reviewing VS and Chapman points (which ended up being low yield). I hit comquest hard for omm on level 1 and I think that carried over some. I ended up with an 80 raw score. Make sure you're strong on segmental diagnosis and review the basics of different techniques.