Opportunity to practice abroad long term as a citizen of the US?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jordan1671

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am exploring different paths after graduating from dental school and know my options as a US citizen working in the country, but not for any potential paths abroad. After passing my license exam, what obstacles will I need to cross to set up a practice for several years in Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and/or China? Is this feasible? Thank you - Jordan.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
hey , i am finishing my MDS in oral medicine and radiology in june from India. i m moving to US with my husband. please tell me what all options do i have except for DDS ?
thankyou in advance

Reactions: 1 users
Easiest way is to work as a contract dentist for the military abroad imo.
Can you give me the specifics? Can you choose your location and is there a contract for a minimum duration of stay? Also, how free are you to go out and do your own thing?

Can you give me the specifics? Can you choose your location and is there a contract for a minimum duration of stay? Also, how free are you to go out and do your own thing?

I'm not the best person to provide this information. I know that some of the jobs are posted on usajobs.gov. However, you'll have to contact the clinics directly to get further information.