opto interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

une

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
When is the earliest i can hear back from schools if i sent my app in now?

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school, and varies year to year. I heard back from Midwestern within two weeks of submitting my application. Houston and Nova were much later, and SCCO didn't start their interviews until December (but they invited earlier).

Just get the application in, sit back, and relax.

Reactions: 1 user
Depends on the school, and varies year to year. I heard back from Midwestern within two weeks of submitting my application. Houston and Nova were much later, and SCCO didn't start their interviews until December (but they invited earlier).

Just get the application in, sit back, and relax.

Or, in my case, sit back and compulsively worry! haha

My transcripts are being verified as we speak, do you have any idea how long that took for you?

Members don't see this ad :)
To give you some perspective:

I turned my application into optomcas around November 11th. They verified my course work in about a week and I was extended 4 interviews by the end of the month.

Turning in your application now by no means is considered late, so as long as your stats are in order I'd say your looking pretty good.
Do try to relax, I know its hard but they are usually pretty quick about getting back to you (in my experience anyway)

Or, in my case, sit back and compulsively worry! haha

My transcripts are being verified as we speak, do you have any idea how long that took for you?

I think I waited about two weeks after submitting my CAS before I heard back from the first school. I believe it was Midwestern who first sent me an email, and within a week or two after that I was contacted by the other schools I applied to. Except for Houston, they didn't invite me to an interview until months later. They must have been scraping me off the bottom of the barrel.