optomcas application categories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wobble

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a question about the optomCAS application and if anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

I took a research course at my university for course credit and wanted to write about my research experience as part of my optomCAS application but there is no where to put it... there is only categories for: Optometric Work/Shadowing Experience, Non-Optometric Employment, Extracurricular Activities and Honors/Awards.

Any suggestions or should I just leave it out? I really wanted to write about what I learned and accomplished. I know that dental schools have a section where you can fill out your research experience...

Members don't see this ad.

Did the research course require that you work in a lab or something? If that was the case, and you did some kind of clinical or basic science research, I would list it under Extracurricular activities. When i applied last cycle, i had a few research experiences in labs and I listed them all under EC activities.