OptomCAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sp4175

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I am confused on how the optomcas app works. I know that the current year will close out on June 2nd. So will I be able to make an account for an app for the following year sometime in June after this date, or do I have to wait July 1st when you can start submitting everything?
Also, how do the LOR's submissions on my writer's end work?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I THINK you can create an account for the new cycle and work on your app before submitting it on July 1st. Don't quote me on that though -- there's a number you can call on OptomCAS and you can speak directly to someone who can answer that.

For LOR's, you will need to enter your writer's name, e-mail, etc on OptomCAS under your account. OptomCAS will then e-mail your writer with the e-mail you provided along with instructions on how to submit the letter. There are 2 parts. For the 1st part, your writer needs to write the letter on a program like Microsoft Word, and then upload it on OptomCAS. For the 2nd part, your writer needs to type it directly (or copy and paste) into the space provided on the OptomCAS portal. Again, they will e-mail your writers all of the instructions. You just need to submit their information on your OptomCAS application.

Be careful, I'm fairly certain OptomCAS will delete everything when July 1st hits, because everything before that date will technically be for the previous cycle (or whenever the application cycle begins), so you will probably need to record everything elsewhere, and start working on your OptomCAS once the cycle starts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Be careful, I'm fairly certain OptomCAS will delete everything when July 1st hits, because everything before that date will technically be for the previous cycle (or whenever the application cycle begins), so you will probably need to record everything elsewhere, and start working on your OptomCAS once the cycle starts.

I remember I made a profile once for the previous year, and all of the info remained. I just need to make a new profile for the new cycle (so I had to log in with two diff accounts for the 2 diff cycles). For me, nothing got deleted. Maybe it has changed? Would be best to call OptomCAS directly

I didn't start until after the cycle began, but a friend of mine had everything deleted when he started filling out information early. Definitely contact OptomCAS directly to be sure.

the new optomcas system didn't carry over any of the pervious information due to the beta softwarre.