OptomCAS transcript processing time?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apzambia32

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

My transcripts were just received today (7/10/14), all LOR have been received and payment has been made.
I was just wondering if anyone knew how long this process usually takes (time application is sent out) considering no errors are found.
I do know that during their peak times they can take a while.
btw does anyone know generally when these peak processing times do happen? early in the cycle? Half way? Towards the end? does it vary cycle to cycle?

Please let me know if this is a little vague and hard to understand

Thanks for the help anyone can provide.

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get the email they sent out today?

Dear Applicant,

As you are aware, OptomCAS has opened its 2014-2015 cycle with an improved new user experience to help streamline and simplify your application process. During this early beta phase of our new platform release we have experienced a minor issue which allowed applicants to enter course subjects that were not on the OptomCAS course subject list. The issue was quickly discovered and corrected, however in a small number of cases we could not properly determine the course subject for some of the entries in your application.

We apologize for this inconvenience, but request that you login into the system, navigate to the Transcript Entry section of your application and click on the edit button for each school to ensure that all the data is correct. All course subjects with the title of “None” must be corrected to the correct corresponding course subject from the drop-down course subject list that is available.

We request that you make every effort to make this change by this Sunday, 7/13/14.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience, but want to ensure that your application is complete and accurate.

This might slow down the review process... just maybe. You should double check your subjects though. My physical education subjects were suddenly changed to physics :/

No, I did not receive such an email.
I did look over my courses just now and everything seems to be as i left it and all course subjects make sense.
I made sure to only select the choices it gave me even though I could put anything as the course subject.
Hopefully everything goes well.
Ill update you if anything interesting happens to my account.

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you heard anything back from OptomCAS or is it still verifying? I submitted mine around the same time as well. Mine is still in the verifying stage though.

I submitted mine on 07/13/2014 with all transcripts and LOR's and it is still verifying. I found this under the FAQ's

A: OptomCAS will not update you on the status of your application via e-mail. OptomCAS will notify the applicant if there is a problem with the coursework section of the application.

You should allow up to 4 weeks after your application status becomes Complete for it to be processed

OptomCAS will notify the applicant if there is a problem with the coursework section of the application.
GYgGEV

I received an email on Aug 1st from Optomcas notifying me that my coursework had been verified against my official transcripts. However under my program status all my designated schools still say verifying.

Ill keep you guys updated if anything new happens.

Cheers.

Mine is now verified. However, the majority of my gpa's are listed as 0...anyone know anything about this? Once it has been "verified" does that mean it has been sent to your selected schools?

Mine is now verified. However, the majority of my gpa's are listed as 0...anyone know anything about this? Once it has been "verified" does that mean it has been sent to your selected schools?

Mine has the same thing, mine only has a 3 hr math class, and a 3 hr science class and a 1 hr non science class. On the upside my overall GPA is pretty kickass as a result of only having 7 hrs. lol

Mine has the same thing, mine only has a 3 hr math class, and a 3 hr science class and a 1 hr non science class. On the upside my overall GPA is pretty kickass as a result of only having 7 hrs. lol

Nice! I just called OptomCAS and they said once your application has been verified your GPA still needs to be calculated. I was told that they will send out an email once it is complete and at that time it is made available to the schools.

Mine is finally verified as well!

Edit- I just spoke with them and they said that once the verifying bar turns green under manage my programs, it will automatically send to each school. At that point, your GPA should no longer be zeros, but an actual GPA. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey my application was just verified as well, but I'm not seeing the GPA anywhere on my application. Where are you seeing it?

Hey my application was just verified as well, but I'm not seeing the GPA anywhere on my application. Where are you seeing it?
When you click on program status click on the little blue icon with a downward arrow. that will open up a PDF of what is sent to the schools.

Mine is finally verified as well!

Edit- I just spoke with them and they said that once the verifying bar turns green under manage my programs, it will automatically send to each school. At that point, your GPA should no longer be zeros, but an actual GPA. Hope this helps! Good luck!
As on now all my GPA calculations are in with all credits taken// sadly my GPA is not as kickass as it once was with just 7 credits... But the overall GPA does match my unofficial transcript.

Does anyone know if the verification process is faster if you submit an application to a school after a previous application for a different school has already been submitted and verified?