optometry is great!!! read this!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, KHE, did I give you too much credit?

Huh?

I honestly have no idea what's going on here. I just see my name mentioned about 10 times in the last few postings.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't see why a "forum hierarchy" is necessary, nor would it be beneficial for discussion (not that this thread includes legitimate discussion or anything). The great thing about the internet is that you don't have to kiss anybody's ass. An optometrist isn't an optometrist; he's a poster, just as liable to be criticized as any other poster. What's funny to me is the massive ego that's preventing posters like Jason K to look back on their posts to determine why they got called out. In this case, I might as well let the cat out of the bag and tell you that KHE felt "very, very sorry for [him]" because BrokenClock was clearly just the product of layogurt registering for the nth time. Jason K's post indicated that he was oblivious to that fact. I'm sorry that I had to spell it out for you guys.

The answer is quite simple... other medical professionals are better than OD. From every single perspective. :smuggrin:

Lost-season1.jpg
Hey, thanks for participating!

dinkus said:
What's funny to me is the massive ego that's preventing posters like Jason K to look back on their posts to determine why they got called out. In this case, I might as well let the cat out of the bag and tell you that KHE felt "very, very sorry for [him]" because BrokenClock was clearly just the product of layogurt registering for the nth time. Jason K's post indicated that he was oblivious to that fact. I'm sorry that I had to spell it out for you guys.

Do you have an extra chromosome somewhere that you don't know about? Dinkus, I honestly think you win the award for the absolute most clueless pre-optometry student I've ever encountered in person or online. Your own posts support my claim.

Also, if you're going to use the phrase "called out," you might want to actually verify that what you're "calling out" is something based in reality and not just a figment of your imagination.

In other news.....

Urban Dictionary Online

Dinkus: A person that does stupid things. An insult. When you act like an idiot, you are being a Dinkus.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dinkus

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious that either KHE doesn't want to admit what he meant with his post because he's a massive coward, or he legitimately felt sorry for someone for having a negative view of optometry (lol?). Either way, he's an idiot. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if KHE decided to act confused at the behest of you, Jason K, since you *****s do seem to get along somehow. Your criticisms rest on the claim that KHE didn't realize that BrokenClock was a troll, which, so far, only you and KHE (though I'm still betting on him being a little bitch) have failed to realize.

Might as well directly ask you, KHE, since you're too much of a coward to answer by yourself. Did you or did you not realize that BrokenClock was a troll?

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious that either KHE doesn't want to admit what he meant with his post because he's a massive coward, or he legitimately felt sorry for someone for having a negative view of optometry (lol?). Either way, he's an idiot.

He's an idiot that enjoys being a partner in a successful practice and takes home around 200k every year.

Lay off the personal attacks and keep this constructive please.

It's pretty obvious that either KHE doesn't want to admit what he meant with his post because he's a massive coward, or he legitimately felt sorry for someone for having a negative view of optometry (lol?). Either way, he's an idiot. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if KHE decided to act confused at the behest of you, Jason K, since you *****s do seem to get along somehow. Your criticisms rest on the claim that KHE didn't realize that BrokenClock was a troll, which, so far, only you and KHE (though I'm still betting on him being a little bitch) have failed to realize.

Might as well directly ask you, KHE, since you're too much of a coward to answer by yourself. Did you or did you not realize that BrokenClock was a troll?

Careful you don't turn into a troll yourself.

I have no idea where that load of crap-o-la is coming from. What is about me that is a "little bitch?" What is this...middle school? Jesus H. Christ. :rolleyes:

Of COURSE I knew he was a troll. That's why I POSTED that.

Dude - you need to drink some kava tea and get a back rub from your mom. Also, you're (as usual) not making sense......at all. I don't know where you get the idea that KHE or anyone else was unaware of anyone's troll status. Your flaw was in assuming what another poster meant by his words. I suggest you stick to interpreting your own crap from now on. All of this name calling and "calling out" nonsense has made you look like a massive tool.

Your flaw was in assuming what another poster meant by his words.

After pussyfooting around, KHE finally admitted that my "interpretation" was correct, which means that I was right in calling you oblivious. You can deny it all you want, but the proof is in your post:
In short, I don't know why anyone would feel "very, very sorry" for him - I think we all know what the results of that experiment would be.

Nice try, brah. Maybe next time you'll learn to swallow without a struggle.

/being a tool to tools circa 1999

Members don't see this ad :)
What the hell is wrong with these forums? They've become a huge joke and are completely useless.

^^true

What is about me that is a "little bitch?"

Do I really need to answer this question? After I called Jason K oblivious to the intent of your post, you pretended to have no idea what was going on, as if you couldn't read what was written in plain English. It really shouldn't have been that hard to understand, but you acted as if you stumbled upon a discussion of theoretical physics.

^^true

Do I really need to answer this question? After I called Jason K oblivious to the intent of your post, you pretended to have no idea what was going on, as if you couldn't read what was written in plain English. It really shouldn't have been that hard to understand, but you acted as if you stumbled upon a discussion of theoretical physics.

Ummmm....ok.

1) I don't read every posting on this forum, particularly the ones that read like a back and forth between a pack of 6th graders in a lunch room.

2) What POSSIBLE gain would I stand to get by PRETENDING to not know what the heck you're talking about?

But go ahead and carry on believing whatever it is that you're believing. :thumbdown:

Do you have an extra chromosome somewhere that you don't know about? Dinkus, I honestly think you win the award for the absolute most clueless pre-optometry student I've ever encountered in person or online. Your own posts support my claim.

Also, if you're going to use the phrase "called out," you might want to actually verify that what you're "calling out" is something based in reality and not just a figment of your imagination.

In other news.....

Urban Dictionary Online

Dinkus: A person that does stupid things. An insult. When you act like an idiot, you are being a Dinkus.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dinkus

epic post, sir.

Notice, on the previous page, I basically told dinkus he was an idiot.

See dinkus proves my point.. He can't make a logical argument to refute ANYTHING jason said, and when I kindly pointed him to his error he calls me a troll. Something I would only expect from someone going into optometry when the smartmoney is getting out and hollering at the top of their lungs ppl shouldn't go into it. Go ahead dinkus, post some more exquisite prose attached to a picture that I couldn't care less about.

On this page though, I see he has proved it to everyone.

Is it possible dinkus is the ghost of layogurt, come back to haunt us with an inexhaustible supply of stupidity?

p.s. I have a feeling dinkus will reply with yet another picture that nobody gives a flying f* about...

dinkus said:

Face it, hoss - you've made a complete fool of yourself. Just admit it - you wrongly inserted your interpretation of someone else's post - using it to somehow throw monkey feces at another poster, and it failed in universal proportions. It's ok - no one will think less of you......we can't possibly, anyway. Just walk away.

This thread is a perfect analogue for what will happen to people who will enter the profession now days. A prospect reads the thread entitled "Optometry is awesome!! Read this!!!"....and what they find when they get to the end of the thread is that they've just wasted a bunch of time they'll never get back. Perfect summary for what's coming in their own future, in my opinion. At least it's free.

Last edited:
Ummmm....ok.

1) I don't read every posting on this forum, particularly the ones that read like a back and forth between a pack of 6th graders in a lunch room.

Then perhaps, in the future, you should abstain from making posts like these:

Wait a minute....what am I supposed to be explaining here?

I honestly have no idea what's going on here. I just see my name mentioned about 10 times in the last few postings.

Either read or don't read, but don't skim through posts and ask others to spoon-feed you the details.

Jason K said:
Just admit it - you wrongly inserted your interpretation of someone else's post

You can't be this dense, can you? You're just holding on for your dear life, now. Repeating something doesn't make it true. I'd suggest you take your own advice because you've clearly been made to look like the idiot you are. Everyone on this forum knows you're a hothead, and now they also know you're an idiot with deep-seated psychological issues.

ineed2stpsmurfn said:
This user is on your Ignore List.

What's that, Lassie?

Dinkus, how many times do you have to make yourself look like a fool before you'll give up the fight? You inserted your own interpretation into someone else's post - and when he indicated to you that he had no idea what you were talking about - you turned into a crazy person at the shopping mall running around hurtling insults at trees, benches, and anyone else in your path. It's obvious that BrokenClock is a troll. You're mumbling on about nonsense like a mental patient.

In this case, I might as well let the cat out of the bag and tell you that KHE felt "very, very sorry for [him]" because BrokenClock was clearly just the product of layogurt registering for the nth time.

Of COURSE I knew he was a troll. That's why I POSTED that.

****** alert. Valiant effort, though. I applaud you for swimming in your own ****. Just don't drown yourself.

Dinkus, you're a loser. You got owned.

Now......tail between legs and go back into mom's basement . Dora the Explorer is on soon.

Last edited:
Dinkus, your a loser. You got owned.

The ***** who hasn't grasped 3rd grade grammar lessons wants to chime in now? Go read a book or something, you pathetic dolt.

MODERATORS, what exactly are you moderating?

The lack of moderation is why this thread is 6 pages of trolling.

For comedy's sake, I'm going to provide the cliff notes for this whole shebang:

-BrokenClock aka layogurt presents yet another troll post

-KHE says he feels "very, very sorry" for the troll

-Jason K, as oblivious as he is, responds seriously to a troll post, and also states that he has no idea why KHE would feel sorry for the troll, indicating that he has no understanding of KHE's simple post

-I call Jason K oblivious

-ineed2stpsmurfn barks

-Jason K thinks that I'm suggesting that he's oblivious to the awesomeness of optometry, missing the point completely, while making a fool of himself

-I tell Jason K that he's missed the point

-Some jester brings up the absurd notion of a forum hierarchy

-xmattODx has noticed that Jason K is a little bit slow

-I respond to the absurd notion of a forum hierarchy and explain how Jason K missed the point of KHE's post

-Jason K reaffirms his belief that KHE felt sorry for the troll, not because he was a troll, but because he presented a negative view of optometry (lol?)

-KHE forgets how to read, while simultaneously asking to be spoon-fed the details of the aforementioned

-The apparent cowardice/idiocy/laziness of KHE emboldens Jason K to believe that he wasn't oblivious after all

-I pointedly ask KHE what he meant by his post, to which he responds by revealing that he felt sorry for the troll because he was, in fact, a troll

-Jason K refuses to acknowledge that he was wrong

-KHE admits that he can't be bothered to read posts that have everything to do with him

-ineed2stpsmurfn barks

-Jason K still acts like he hasn't been proven wrong

-ineed2stpsmurfn barks again

-Jason K reassures himself by repetition, proving without a shadow of a doubt that he's psychologically ill

-Tippytoe shows that he cheated his way through elementary school, lending credence to the notion that any random idiot can become a "successful" optometrist, except, of course, for Jason K, who should be advised not to quit his day job...oh wait. Have fun running that family business into the ground!

-

-Tippytoe shows that he cheated his way through elementary school, lending credence to the notion that any random idiot can become a "successful" optometrist, except, of course, for Jason K, who should be advised not to quit his day job...oh wait. Have fun running that family business into the ground!

You've got wayyyyy too much time on your hands little girl. It's obvious you're a 13 year old female upset with your lack of self esteem. I DO feel sorry for you. Don't worry, the acne will clear up and your breast will grow a little so you won't get beat up every day......maybe just every other.

GET A LIFE LITTLE GIRL !! This elementary school faliure could buy and sell your pre-adolesent self.:p You will forever be a 'pre-loser' because you don't have the communcation skills nor the intellegence to be successful.

:troll::troll: I'm done wasting my time with you.......an OBVIOUS TROLL! !!.:troll::troll::troll:

The lack of moderation is why this thread is 6 pages of trolling.

For comedy's sake, I'm going to provide the cliff notes for this whole shebang:

....(mindless jabbering from an unstable, presumed human).....

Everyone just back away reaaaaal slow-like. I think this one's lost his mind!

(Oh, and I haven't been proven wrong - you're just too clueless to realize that even with your certainty, you have no idea what you're talking about. You seem to be able to make connections that aren't there.)

Wow - there it is. I think this has to be the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to thread quality.

Last edited:
Wow. In my 4+ years of being on sdn, I've never seen a more psycho-crazed-delirious poster than dinkus. He honestly amazes me with his ability to reject every other possible reality but his own irregardless of any facts... Just wow!

Wow - there it is. I think this has to be the absolute bottom of the barrel when it comes to thread quality.

True.

I gotta say, if the optometrists on this forum are any indication, it's no wonder this profession is in the gutter.

Wow. In my 4+ years of being on sdn, I've never seen a more psycho-crazed-delirious poster than dinkus. He honestly amazes me with his ability to reject every other possible reality but his own irregardless of any facts... Just wow!

Really? I see this all the time on SDN. :laugh: The internet is srs business!

Haha yea maybe your right. Every time it happens again, though, it's like the first time you encountered it lol.

ineed2stpsmurfn said:

I have this goof on my ignore list because he's an obvious troll who earlier sent me a creepy private message to feel validated, but this is funny. Irregardless isn't a word. It's one of the most common non-words to show up on standardized tests. Clearly, Tippytoe and Lassie should have a competition to determine which fraud knows less.

You hate the military! Damn, I hope you were joking.

As an aside from that ignorant statement, that $75,000 you will be making working 6 days/week at Walmart is going to end up being about $32,000 after all is said and done. You will have the same take home income (or worse) as a teacher, cop or local factory worker with far fewer benefits (no retirement, no medical insurance, no paid holidays, etc...).

You really should shoot a little higher.

And also you should get on your knees and thank GOD every single night there are military men and women, WHO VOLUNTEER SO YOU DON'T HAVE TO, standing point in places around the world you have no clue about. Protecting you and me (I used to be one of them) from people that would take over this country in a second if given the chance. They are the reason we and much of the world is free. THE ONLY reason. Don't forget that in your sugar coated little Barbie doll world.

Lmao! I'm not going to start a political debate, but you make me laugh. Your country has already been taken over – they're called financiers and they work on wall street. That something your military can't protect you from.

Your military, and ridiculous, corrupt government, is a big reason why many parts of the world is in shambles. It's the reason why there are over a million dead Iraqi's. Yeah, I'm sure the little Iraqi child who doesn't speak a word of English and has no idea why or his or her country is being bombed to pieces is a threat to you and your family.

You are the one that needs to get out of your sugar-coated barbie doll world. It's clowns like you that take every piece of propaganda thrown their way to heart that tears America apart. Get off your high horse, America isn't #1.

Actually, there is such a word as irregardless. It's mainly used in speech and comes from irrespective and regardless. The most common complaint is that it isn't a word but it actually is.

And dinkus, sending you a private message telling you to "go F*ck yourself" instead of posting it in the forums so i can get a warn isn't creepy, it's smart. But really; Go...

Lmao! I'm not going to start a political debate, but you make me laugh. Your country has already been taken over – they're called financiers and they work on wall street. That something your military can't protect you from.

Your military, and ridiculous, corrupt government, is a big reason why many parts of the world is in shambles. It's the reason why there are over a million dead Iraqi's. Yeah, I'm sure the little Iraqi child who doesn't speak a word of English and has no idea why or his or her country is being bombed to pieces is a threat to you and your family.

You are the one that needs to get out of your sugar-coated barbie doll world. It's clowns like you that take every piece of propaganda thrown their way to heart that tears America apart. Get off your high horse, America isn't #1.

yes+yes...+more+fallout+_d8d21200cc78ce903d797f7076de3aae.jpg

Its true, Tippy Toe you need to get your head out of your a** about the whole "protecting" America thing. The military isn't protecting anybody. They call it defense but it should be offense because all we effing do is attack other countries. And then they get pissed off and hijack planes to take out important structures here and cut off our financial hub. When is the last time US soil was being taken over? War of 1812? Get a reality check you ignorant follower of propaganda.

SrknW.jpg

Last edited:
Do you guys think pharmacy is better than optometry? XD

We are getting over saturated here too...hmm :thumbdown:

Do you guys think pharmacy is better than optometry? XD

We are getting over saturated here too...hmm :thumbdown:

Hard to ever call one profession 'better' than another, especially when they're so different. But it's a good question. Similar length of training, similar salary range. Similar saturation problems and retail - ization (new word? :p )

The military isn't protecting anybody?? Take away our armed forces and see how long it takes before you're speaking another language or praying to the east every afternoon. The idiotic policies of a US president should never be mistaken as a reason for diminishing the importance of a military capable of squashing any threat. You little ones are truly blind to what hell there exists outside of American borders....and the fact that there is no shortage of lunatics who would love to bring it all home to us. Wow, dude - epic cluelessness like I've never encountered, except when speaking with a liberal.

If you bump into a US Marine in uniform at the airport, please don't tell him he's "not protecting anybody."

Last edited:
^^ This guy acts like other countries that don't have massive military spending have no freedom. If there's anybody who needs some knowledge on what exists outside the borders of the U.S., it would be you. Stop watching Fox News, get out of your mom's basement, and travel the world a little bit.

Seems like America forgot about this little thing called isolationism. I predict as long as the Australians don't stick their heads into every world conflict they will surpass America in their quality of life. Oh wait they already did....the minimum wage in Australia is $14 an hour while America its half of that. And oh yes, the Australian currency is stronger than the American currency. America's golden age is over. This country will be taken over by hordes of ignorant people because they reproduce faster. And they will set up more and more social programs until history repeats itself, see: Soviet Union.

The only thing America should be protecting itself is from the rampant reproduction of uneducated individuals. If any of you guys ever studied ecology or population dynamics there is this concept called fecundity. This means the ability to reproduce. Certain types of species of organisms reproduce like crazy because they value quantity over quality. And most of their offspring die before they reach adulthood. A similar thing goes on in humans. If you do not think this is true and somehow humans are immune to the rules of biology then you belong to the group of the high fecundity individuals.

Last edited:
Seems like America forgot about this little thing called isolationism. I predict as long as the Australians don't stick their heads into every world conflict they will surpass America in their quality of life. Oh wait they already did....the minimum wage in Australia is $14 an hour while America its half of that. And oh yes, the Australian currency is stronger than the American currency. America's golden age is over. This country will be taken over by hordes of ignorant people because they reproduce faster. And they will set up more and more social programs until history repeats itself, see: Soviet Union.

The only thing America should be protecting itself is from the rampant reproduction of uneducated individuals. If any of you guys ever studied ecology or population dynamics there is this concept called fecundity. This means the ability to reproduce. Certain types of species of organisms reproduce like crazy because they value quantity over quality. And most of their offspring die before they reach adulthood. A similar thing goes on in humans. If you do not think this is true and somehow humans are immune to the rules of biology then you belong to the group of the high fecundity individuals.

shrunek, ever think of writing a book?

What the hell is wrong with these forums? They've become a huge joke and are completely useless.

Seriously, I would not have expected this kind of behavior from a forum for medical professionals. It's ridiculous. Just scroll through this page quickly; it's just a bunch of irrelevant ranting. Why am I seeing phrases like "little bitch" being thrown around? This place is supposed to be for doctors and students-in-training to share information and help each other out.

Can we get some moderators in here? This is supposed to be a place for students and doctors alike. People don't need to wade through pages of this in order to try to find some useful information. I'm all for political discussion, but not in the middle of a thread about optometry. And a lot of the "political statements" here are getting ridiculous.

Edit: I'm not try to call everyone out, as I realize that some are trying to maintain a level of decorum.

Status
Not open for further replies.