Oral Board Scoring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zinjanthropus

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello-

Can someone explain how the oral boards are scored?

I understand that there are 8 possible points in each scenario in the single encounters. Does one total triple encounter weight the same as one single encounter (i.e. is one triple encounter an avg of the three scenarios within that case)?

Members don't see this ad.

The scoring system is pretty simple:

eye of newt + boiled frog + correct tea leave interpretation / current cycle of lunar phase = coefficient.

Multiply coefficient by the inverse cost of your hotel room and fees and that will give you your score.

:)

Quite ironically, it was one year ago today that I was in Chicago, for my oral boards. It's ironic, because I am in Chicago again today (for other business). For never being here in my life, now it is two May Days in a row.

(Hey, I didn't say it was a GOOD story!)

Well, I forgot to do a critical maneuver in one of the triple cases and realized it right when I walked out the door. Also forgot one other maneuver in a single case and again realized that when I walked out the door - pretty frustrating feeling and not sure how much those two mistakes will bring down my score. Felt good about the rest of the cases.