Oral Boards questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herp_derp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just took oral boards and I am freaking out about them. I think I failed and may have to retake them...

Anyways, I had some questions:

-if you miss a critical action, do you fail the whole case? Or do they just score you down overall but you are still able to pass the case? Probably fail... I guess we don't know what the critical actions are...
-I think I failed a case in a triple, does that mean I fail the whole triple? Are the triples counted as separate cases or just one case? I think I nailed the other two cases in the triple and completely botched the third case. This is confusing...
-I messed up diagnosis on another case, but mentioned the correct one at the end before they ended the case. Dispo would have been the same either way, but management would have been slightly different. I don't know, maybe automatic fail as well.

I need to stop thinking about this and just prepare myself for the fail and the possibility of retaking it again. UGH.

I heard the examiners don't let you leave the room until you hit all critical actions, but I don't think that's true. I think they end the case when dispo has been made. I ended all of my cases early, not sure of that is good or bad.

Anyways, any insight on this would be great. Gonna try to sleep...

Members don't see this ad.

I thought I failed, too, when I took it. I spent the next few days getting very familiar with the scoring process and calculated different scenarios to see what my chances of passing were. In the end, I passed, along with 98% of other test takers.