Order of subjects on the MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CloverBale

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please don't hurt me, but does anyone know the order of the subjects on the MCAT? I promise you I googled and searched for the answers.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Please don't hurt me, but does anyone know the order of the subjects on the MCAT? I promise you I googled and searched for the answers.

It's funny, the AAMC Official Guide is really ambiguous about this... I was practicing passages in the wrong order until I took my first practice FL :rage:

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi @CloverBale ! Great question. This forum can get pretty deep into the woods about the MCAT so it can be tough to find the big picture details.

You can find these and many other details for free in the AAMC MCAT outline. you can get full details and breakdowns if you purchase the AAMC official guide or peruse this forum a bit more.

Section 1: Chemistry, biochemistry, orgo and physics 95 minutes, 59 Qs
Section2: CARS, no outside knowledge needed (can be literature, social science, art, music....) 90 minutes, 53 questions
Section 3: Bio, biochem, orgo 95 minutes, 59 questions
Section 4: Psychology, sociology, biology 95 minutes, 59 questions

The majority (44/59) of science Qs and all the CARS Qs are passage based.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user