Oregon State c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

battie

U. Illinois
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Finalized my list of schools I am applying to this year and Oregon is number 3 on the list and I didn't see a c/o 2020 thread yet, so come all future Beavers!

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, you really were on a thread making binge! Haha

I'm trying to decide right now if I'm only applying to my IS this year or other schools too, but if I end up doing the later Oregon State is definitely on my list!

I totally went on a thread making binge. lol. It's a problem.

What is your instate? Last year I only applied to my instate and one out of state that I had been waitlisted at the previous year. This year I decided to go the opposite direct and apply widely and smartly.

Members don't see this ad :)
WSU!

I'm just so freaked out about out of state debt. Oregon State would only be about $15k/year more than my instate, which is much easier to swallow (though I know it's still a lot).

What's funny is Corvallis is actually closer to where I live now than my IS is, so that would be nice!

I totally missed your instate. lol. My bad!

Well, 15 K a year turns into 60 K extra plus 6.whatever% with the interest on the loans. Debt is the scariest part, I agree. If I get my instate, I will automatically go there. But I am keeping my options open. I thought about applying to Wisconsin, but there is no way I can compete with those stats.

I went to undergrad in north-west Nebraska, so my hometown in Colorado was closer by more than half the time than the actual capital of Nebraska. lol. so I get the proximity thing. For vet school, the closest I would be to home would be 2 hours, but the farthest would be Washington State in Pullman.

Any ideas for timeline from Oregon State?

The timeline is thus:

Sept 15: Deadlines for applications
January-June: Deadline for FAFSA
January 17: Deadline for submission of fall transcripts for Oregon residents
January: Oregon resident interviews
December-February: Admission decisions
April 15: Deadline for accepting an admissions offer

The timeline is thus:

January: Oregon resident interviews
December-February: Admission decisions

December to February... SOOooooo specific, lol. Thanks for the timeline!

Reactions: 1 user
Not a problem! I'm thinking that since interviews for IS January, OOS admission decisions would be in December-early January and IS admission decisions would be late January-February.

hello, do you know when they start sending out supplemental application link? i submitted my application in mid of september....and I haven't received any link for supplemental application....i wonder if they already rejected me T_T

The supplemental was available during the summer. It closed at the same time as VMCAS I think.

hello, do you know when they start sending out supplemental application link? i submitted my application in mid of september....and I haven't received any link for supplemental application....i wonder if they already rejected me T_T

Directly from the OSU website: "Complete Oregon State University supplemental application and online payment by September 15, 2015 at 12:00PMPDT."

The application opened on May 13, 2015.

http://vetmed.oregonstate.edu/students/future/dvm/apply

I'm really sorry you've been waiting around :( I wish someone had posted about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was on the OOS alternate list last year, I was notified of this on Dec. 11, so I would say we should hear in about a month or so. Sadly I didn't get in, but they did have about 3 spots given to people on the alternate list. Hopefully I can get in this year!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hello folks, any idea as to how we are notified of admission decisions? There isnt a portal, or one that I am aware of. So are decisions mailed to us the old fashioned way or email?

Hello folks, any idea as to how we are notified of admission decisions? There isnt a portal, or one that I am aware of. So are decisions mailed to us the old fashioned way or email?
last year i was an alternate and was notified via an email on Dec. 11th. I am out of state so not sure if it is different for in state

last year i was an alternate and was notified via an email on Dec. 11th. I am out of state so not sure if it is different for in state

Oh, Im out of state too. I guess i can expect a similar timeline then

Has anybody heard about interview invites? I'm an OOS applicant btw but I'm anxious to know where I stand!

Has anybody heard about interview invites? I'm an OOS applicant btw but I'm anxious to know where I stand!

They don't interview OOS applicants. We'll probably hear where we stand late December or early January.

I just joined SDN so I'm not sure how these threads work but here goes! I just got an acceptance for OR as an oos (I am in a WICHE state so it said accepted as oos but could accept wiche? I'm a bit confused with all of that heh) got an email on 11/30 so I am thrilled but I am trying to compare it to other schools to make the best decision if anyone has advice or wants to direct me to some SDN info on OR :)

I just joined SDN so I'm not sure how these threads work but here goes! I just got an acceptance for OR as an oos (I am in a WICHE state so it said accepted as oos but could accept wiche? I'm a bit confused with all of that heh) got an email on 11/30 so I am thrilled but I am trying to compare it to other schools to make the best decision if anyone has advice or wants to direct me to some SDN info on OR :)
Did you apply for WICHE funding? Because basically it means that WICHE funding isn't secure until early next year, so they've accepted you regardless of if you get WICHE funding or not.

Did you apply for WICHE funding? Because basically it means that WICHE funding isn't secure until early next year, so they've accepted you regardless of if you get WICHE funding or not.
Yea I applied for the funding. I guess I was confused because I was under the impression that certain schools reserved spots for WICHE students as in you are only accepted if you accept WICHE but now I am thinking the likelihood of being accepted as oos is the same with or without it?

I haven't, I'm from Washington, so OOS. I was on the alternate list last year, so I am hoping to at least be on that again since I have improved my application

OOS from California. Haven't heard anything either

Reactions: 2 users
I just received an email from Oregon with an Admission Decision. I was accepted! I was offered a non-resident position, but if I get WICHE funding, then it will be converted to a WICHE offer of admission + scholarship. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Are there reserved seats for WICHE students or do OOS students compete with WICHE for those 16 seats?

Accepted!! Out of state! So excited, I can't believe they only accept 56 students.

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!! Do you mind sharing your stats?!
Yeah no problem,
Cumulative GPA 3.8, last 45 I think is around 3.9 ish?
GRE was 154, 160, 4.0... I don't actually really know if thats a good score or not for GRE?! I wrote it when I had a concussion lol.

Last edited:
It looks like they have only notified WICHE people (or people in a WICHE state) or so I'm hoping, I'm from Washington which isnt a WICHE state, and really want to go here!!!! If I don't get into WSU

Im actually international!

Do you frequent the APVMA facebook page? Congratulations! I ask cause I'm friendly with an international student on that page who announced her acceptance earlier today!

Do you frequent the APVMA facebook page? Congratulations! I ask cause I'm friendly with an international student on that page who announced her acceptance earlier today!
No thats not me! But I should check out that page! :) and thank you :)

No thats not me! But I should check out that page! :) and thank you :)

Uh... You don't really need to check it out. lol. This site is waaaaayyyy better. Just hang with us. ;)

Uh... You don't really need to check it out. lol. This site is waaaaayyyy better. Just hang with us. ;)
I actually didn't know what it was till I googled it ! :p I agree I think I'll stay here :)

low key losing my mind.....applied to 9 schools.....officially rejected from 1....others have heard from oregon, washington, and midwestern, all of which ive applied too, heard nothing so far....really not looking good for me :unsure:

low key losing my mind.....applied to 9 schools.....officially rejected from 1....others have heard from oregon, washington, and midwestern, all of which ive applied too, heard nothing so far....really not looking good for me :unsure:
Stay positive, theres still lots of time to get accepted!!

You are also still waiting on the majority! Washington is sending letters out until the middle of the month. Oregon definitely didn't send everyone's out today, or we would have heard more. Midwestern interviews for FOREVER. So all 3 of these could definitely still get back to you :)

Last edited:
You are also still waiting on the majority! Washington is sending letters out until the middle of the month. Oregon definitely did send everyone's out today, or we would have heard more. Midwestern interviews for FOREVER. So all 3 of these could definitely still get back to you :)
You meant to say Oregon definitely *didn't, right? :eek:

Congrats to those accepted!!! Oregon is amazing. I visited the school in the spring and fell in love!

Congrats to those accepted!!! Oregon is amazing. I visited the school in the spring and fell in love!
Could you talk about some of the things you saw and what you liked/learned? I really want to know more about it to help me compare schools :happy: Wasn't sure if others wanted to hear or if this should have been a direct message (which I don't know how to do) :confused:

Could you talk about some of the things you saw and what you liked/learned? I really want to know more about it to help me compare schools :happy: Wasn't sure if others wanted to hear or if this should have been a direct message (which idk how to do) :confused:
Lol idk how to direct message on here either....well first of all, I loved the town. It's small, but there's still a downtown area and there seemed to be plenty of things to do. It's only about an hour South of Portland, close to the coast, and surrounded by gorgeous farmland. It does get relatively cold there, but doesn't snow too much and is perfect in the summer. I'm from Texas, so I'm used to about three months straight of 100+ degree weather and it's miserable (I really am ready for a change in climate).

The school was small, but had an amazing hospital. Idk if you're into equine medicine, but they had state of the art facilities for horses.

They had a really awesome physical rehab room with a water therapy pool for dogs/cats.

If you're interested in research, they have lots of opportunities for research and summer programs for vet students to get paid doing research.

Those are some of the aspects I liked off of the top of my head!! I'm sure there are things I'm missing.

(I apologize for any typos, I'm posting from my phone)

Reactions: 2 users
To start a direct message, click on the person's username under their profile picture, click start a conversation. Or you can scroll to the top of the screen, put your cursor over "inbox", then click start a conversation and type in the username of the person with which you wish to PM.