Oregon State University c/o 2019 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn't get one! OMG now freaking out that maybe just maybe there's a small glimmer of Hope I got in??? What? Omg panicking.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Ok now completely panicking that I didht get an email because looks like acceptance emails went out too! OMG I know nothing.

Bleh, I've given up.

CONGRATS to the acceptances and alternates!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get anything yet either that's why I called earlier, wanted to make sure they had the correct email. Just praying that everything happens the way it's supposed to. No stress.:)

Reactions: 3 users
Someone release their spot I want to go to osu!! :(((

Aaaaaaand I just got an email-- I'm an alterate as well. (OOS, non-WICHE here!)

(cc: @Cutekitten02. Re: How many alternates? I'm willing to bet.. a lot of us :arghh:)

Oh so it doesn't mean much... Then why have so many :/ boo

Oh, in all fairness to Oregon State, I don't have any direct evidence that there are a lot of alternates selected... I'm just willing to bet that they're playing it smart and keeping their options open by offering qualified candidates (which I'm sure there are probably a lot of) a spot on their alternate list!

@Cutekitten02, they have a lot of alternates because many people accepted into OSU are also accepted into CSU and WSU (not to mention the rest)... if they didn't have a hefty alternate list they may not be able to fill spots that others reject.

Just be happy you're an alternate... geesh

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
@Cutekitten02, they have many because many people accepted into OSU are also accepted into CSU and WSU (not to mention the rest)... if they didn't have a hefty alternate list they may not be able to fill spots that others reject.

Just be happy you're an alternate... geesh
No need to be rude here
I didn't realize there was a triad of applicants applying and accepted to all three schools.

Guess something is in common with all three.

Last edited:
In case other alternates are wondering... I contacted Tess and there is no order to the alternate list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any time line for when the rest of us will get our official notices by?

Oh man.....what's worse than waiting to hear back??? Waiting to hear back after so many have from the same school!! I was alternate last year....so I'm hoping I can nab a spot this year!! Or at least alternate again!!

I read through a few previous thread and it looks like early January the rest of the notices came back?

Though forums are helpful, I feel that I might not worry nearly as much about when I'd hear back from schools if I weren't on one lol!

Rejected. :( feeling crushed since I was alternate last year. :(

Hugs Hollista... I hope we hear from WSU soon.

Thanks guys, applicant pool must be much more competitive than last year...esp since my feedback from them was "your app looks really good actually, nothing much to change, we encourage you to reapply next year"
:(

Thanks guys, applicant pool must be much more competitive than last year...esp since my feedback from them was "your app looks really good actually, nothing much to change, we encourage you to reapply next year"
:(

What really? That's not very helpful... Ya it must be. You should consider apply to CSU next cycle if you need to. Wonderful equine program!

Ya
What really? That's not very helpful... Ya it must be. You should consider apply to CSU next cycle if you need to. Wonderful equine program!
Ya but they have high gpa avg. I'm heavy exp and average gpa (3.5/3.6)

Aww hugs to you all... I hope you all get accepted somewhere else <3

Rejected. :( feeling crushed since I was alternate last year. :(
Hang in there. Someone out there WANTS you. You still have other schools to hear from. OSU lost a good candidate, so keep your head up. I hope we hear from WSU soon.

....I got rejected as well.:dead:

Hang in there. Someone out there WANTS you. You still have other schools to hear from. OSU lost a good candidate, so keep your head up. I hope we hear from WSU soon.

....I got rejected as well.:dead:
awhhh thank you!!! So sweet. Sorry about your rejection as well. :(
But you're right! We will make it!! :)

General Q...Is there a difference between alternate/wait listed? I keep hearing these two terms thrown around.

General Q...Is there a difference between alternate/wait listed? I keep hearing these two terms thrown around.
i dont believe so....schools generally call it alternate/alternate list I think just to make it sounds nice/more professional than "waitlist" lol!

Just a heads up for you alternate peeps--I think we had a couple people in my class hear back as late as July and August! I think March is the big month in which things happen though. Fingers crossed for you all, hang in there!

Quick question: do OOS alternates have to send in fall transcripts too? I saw that IS residents did, and I just wanted to make sure.

Quick question: do OOS alternates have to send in fall transcripts too? I saw that IS residents did, and I just wanted to make sure.

hey all! i was offered a spot OOS - wicked excited! hang in there if you're not hearing the things you want; it's a stressful time but everything will work out. just wondering if anyone else is going to the welcome day in march?

i emailed tess about sending in fall transcripts, and she said not to worry about it yet and to just send a final transcript when spring semester is over.

Reactions: 2 users
Do any of you know how OSU evaluates applicants? I can't find anything on their website.

Yes, it seems so vague compared to other schools

Kind of along the lines of what EngrSC said, does anyone know how interviews play into acceptances? Is your interview considered along with the rest of your application or does admittance rest on the interview alone? I remember reading that at VMRCVM, all applicants are considered equal once they reach the interview stage and acceptances are granted based only off of the interview. Not sure if that's true anymore or ever was... anyone know about OSU?

Accepted as well!! :hardy: Today is the best day!

To anybody on the alternate list, Im officially turning down my offer next week! So I hope to see another person with an acceptance soon!!