Oregon State University COP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soheila

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who else on this forum is an OSU hopeful? I have an interview in a couple weeks but have never been to Oregon before! I'm not sure of my chances being an out-of-state student, but I'm excited to see Corvallis :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Jan 25th! Good luck to you! Are you from Oregon? The Pacific U thread seems to have a lot more interest, do you know if it's a better school? My counselor told me to apply to at least one school outside of California but I didn't realize until recently that Oregon actually has two schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, guys! I work &go to school at OSU and will be applying the COP next year. Please let me know if you have any questions about the campus or area, I'll be happy to help!

Thanks for all that info tc1989! I think OSU is the right choice for me then, because I am not fond of the accelerated programs. I'd rather take my time and learn everything well. That's why I didn't apply to UOP here in California.

Hi, guys! I work &go to school at OSU and will be applying the COP next year. Please let me know if you have any questions about the campus or area, I'll be happy to help!

Thank you very much! I'm quite an outdoorsy person, are there good places to bike/hike/walk around Corvallis? What kind of atmosphere is it? I'm from a smallish college town, which I really like, and it seems that Corvallis may be similar. Any major complaints about attending OSU? Sorry for all the questions!

Last edited:
I interviewed with both schools at the beginning of this month. Before the interviews I was set on going to Pacific, but after the interviews I want to go to OSU. The interview experiences were completely different from one another.

So far I've been accepted to Pacific and I would be proud to go there, but I'm really hoping to get a spot with OSU.

I interviewed with both schools at the beginning of this month. Before the interviews I was set on going to Pacific, but after the interviews I want to go to OSU. The interview experiences were completely different from one another.

So far I've been accepted to Pacific and I would be proud to go there, but I'm really hoping to get a spot with OSU.

Can I ask you about how the OSU interview experience shifted your perspective?

OSU is more well-established. Tied with OHSU, it has a very large clinical network that is useful for students. Pacific, on the other hand, is a new school but has it's pros and cons. Pacific is faster while OSU is the traditional 4-year Pharm.D program. I think the block curriculum at Pacific would work for some but not for others. I find OSU students to be very competitive in a good way. I think the standards keep increasing and getting harder there which is always a good thing. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can I ask you about how the OSU interview experience shifted your perspective?

They are both great schools, and there are pros and cons to each of them so it has been hard for me to decide which one is the "better" school for me.

The interview days were completely different from one another. At OSU there were 12 of us, and at Pacific around 75. It was easy to feel lost in the crowd at the Pacific interview day, though the student ambassadors did a good job of going around and talking with most of the candidates.

The interview styles and questions themselves were very different from each other as well. At OSU there were four 10 minute one-on-one interviews. I thought their questions were thought provoking and were able to bring out the candidate's values and goals regarding pharmacy. Three of my interviews were with professors at OSU and they were extremely supportive and encouraging. The interviews actually turned into these great conversations that really made me excited about pharmacy and where it is heading.

At Pacific, the questions seemed to mirror the application questions. Why do you want to be a pharmacist, why Pacific etc. It felt more like a traditional interview where you're trying to prove to them that you're good enough. Both of my interviewers at Pacific were really nice, but that connection I felt with OSU's profs just didn't really happen.

That being said they are both excellent schools. Pacific placed 20 out of 100 students in residencies from the graduating class of 2012, which is an insanely high number. I would be proud to go to either of them.

Congrats! What do you think, will you go there? I wish we had more than 3 weeks to reply...does this mean I have to put down the deposit since it will take longer than that to hear back from the other schools I applied to?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! What do you think, will you go there? I wish we had more than 3 weeks to reply...does this mean I have to put down the deposit since it will take longer than that to hear back from the other schools I applied to?
I think i'm going to accept the offer. you may want to put down the $200 deposit if you want your spot to be saved, but compare to other CA school like touro whose deposit is $2000, i think OSU is pretty generous

I think i'm going to accept the offer. you may want to put down the $200 deposit if you want your spot to be saved, but compare to other CA school like touro whose deposit is $2000, i think OSU is pretty generous

Yeah, I was just thinking that $200 is a great deal for peace of mind. Plus, I really do like OSU.

Congrats to everyone who got in so far :D

I am oos, will have interview on Feb 15 8:30am...T-T I've never been to oregan and im so bad at directions...i think im gonna try to get there at least half day before and practice how to get to that pharmacy building from the place i live....(-_-;;)...anyone wants to join? please let me know~~:oops:

Anyone who already had their interview, any advice and sample questions and topics to prepare for?

Much appreciated.

Thanks!

Thread seems really quiet. Yinster, if your interview hasn't already passed, I'd suggest you focus on situational questions.

I'm coming from out-of-state and need a bit of help with how to find housing. I don't think I'll have the funds to physically check out places well before moving in, so I'm thinking of just showing up a week early and finding a place from there. Anyone got tips?