2018 Oregon State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cuddlefish78

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am starting a thread for OSU, class of 2018. Anybody out there???? :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

I am still working on my apps. Jusy submitted pharmcas. I am from WA so I dont know how likely it is I will get am interview. Do they do rolling admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think they do rolling... I submitted my supplemental in August and got an email a few days later saying that I have met the application deadline and will hear back after that. I'm from CA too so I'm not sure how the out-of-state chances are.

I think the interview process changed quite a bit, at least compared to 2-3 years ago when I asked a current P2 student. It's MMI style with 4 different interviewers. The questions test your critical thinking ability and are quite interesting. Very different experience compared to the other schools. To be honest, if people know the questions beforehand, it kind of defeats the purpose of what they are trying to do. Plus, you get several minutes to look at the question before going into each room.

Has anyone interviewed for the class of 2018 yet? What was the essay question like?

How long does it take to hear back from them after the interview?

The essay question was very simple, they really just wanna make sure you can write a coherent essay. You only have 15 minutes though, which surprisingly goes by super fast! But don't worry too much about it, just keep track of time and you'll do fine :)

They do rolling admissions, so in some cases you'll hear the day of the interview, sometimes later. Just depends! Good luck!

Anyone interviewing this Friday? Also, what's the weather like in portland?

I was about the fly to Portland from CA this morning and received email from oregon state about the interview cancellation. They are going to use Skype interview for out of state people, I really hope it wont give me any disadvantage by using skype

Can someone tell me if Oregon State or Pacific University is better? pros and cons?

I feel like both schools are good and it depends on what you're looking for.
Can someone tell me if Oregon State or Pacific University is better? pros and cons?
I feel like both schools are good and it depends on what you're looking for. I know people who got accepted to both programs, some chose Pacific and others chose OSU.

OSU vs Pacific

4 year program vs 3 year program (only two years of lecture and I feel like this would go by quickly)

Tuition 20k for instate vs expensive 40k+ (don't really think this matters if youre out of state)

Have own Pharmacy building, but its super rundown and old, also undergraduate students have classes in it and Pharmacy students still have classes all around campus vs. own pharmacy building, that they actually use all the time

OSU is in a college town for the first two years, there's nothing to do, besides studying (which is a good thing..I guess) plus you can live right across from campus, so you don't need to commute vs. Hillsboro (I don't like to commute)

Multiple hard classes at a time vs. one hard class at a time

Midterms are usually from 4th to 6th week of the term and finals are on like everyday of finals week vs. finals every two weeks
C vs 90% to pass

I don't know anyone that has had to retaken classes at Pacific yet. But I do know a few people who have failed a class during their P1 year (this class was part of a series thats a prereq for another series during P2) and so when theyre at OHSU for third year, they had to commute back to OSU to take the class.

I would pick OSU overall, even though I feel like there are more cons, since its cheaper and the location. So overall, it really depends on your preference.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like both schools are good and it depends on what you're looking for.
I feel like both schools are good and it depends on what you're looking for. I know people who got accepted to both programs, some chose Pacific and others chose OSU.

OSU vs Pacific

4 year program vs 3 year program (only two years of lecture and I feel like this would go by quickly)

Tuition 20k for instate vs expensive 40k+ (don't really think this matters if youre out of state)

Have own Pharmacy building, but its super rundown and old, also undergraduate students have classes in it and Pharmacy students still have classes all around campus vs. own pharmacy building, that they actually use all the time

OSU is in a college town for the first two years, there's nothing to do, besides studying (which is a good thing..I guess) plus you can live right across from campus, so you don't need to commute vs. Hillsboro (I don't like to commute)

Multiple hard classes at a time vs. one hard class at a time

Midterms are usually from 4th to 6th week of the term and finals are on like everyday of finals week vs. finals every two weeks
C vs 90% to pass

I don't know anyone that has had to retaken classes at Pacific yet. But I do know a few people who have failed a class during their P1 year (this class was part of a series thats a prereq for another series during P2) and so when theyre at OHSU for third year, they had to commute back to OSU to take the class.

I would pick OSU overall, even though I feel like there are more cons, since its cheaper and the location. So overall, it really depends on your preference.
Hope this helps!
Yess this helped a lot!!! THANKS!!!!! :)