Organic Chemistry and Biology Chances for Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yammy_A

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know this question maybe a very repetitive question, and I'm apologizing ahead if annoys some people.

So currently, I'm a sophomore and I recently found out that I didn't do the best of my final exams to get the grades I wanted. Before, judging, I did study very hard for them and trust me I was very disappointed when I found out my grades.

For Organic Chemistry 1, I got a C+, and this is my first C ever. Like I have never received a C in a course at all. Throughout the whole semester, I worked very hard in this course and even got a tutor to help me with the course.
And I got a B+ in biology - the living cell, which is molecular biology. I had an A until, the final exam.

I understand that both of these courses are very important for medical school. Trust me I worked very hard in these courses, so this is very upsetting to me that I didn't get the grades I wanted. This was the worst semester for me in grades wise because I'm usually a A student and rarely even get B's. I was wondering what my chances are to get into medical school? And any advice to improve my chances.

I was also wondering whether I should retake organic chemistry over the summer? Or just work very hard to try to get an A in Organic Chemistry 2?

Again, I'm sorry if this question is annoying and repetitive. Any answer and replies to this thread will be very helpful! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A couple B's and C's are not the end of the world, provided the rest of your grades are better.

I'll quote myself.

What are you talking about?

An A is great!
A B is okay.
A C should be taken in moderation.
A D and you Don't go to an allopathic school w/o some "splainin to do"

Kapeesh?

Edit: The exception being grade replacement at DO schools.

This was yesterday, scan for similar posts or use the search function (the engine sdn uses sucks though).
It's a very common question.