Orgo II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

freshbeatschris

New Phuture
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I needed a 43 on the ACS.
I got a 44.
That makes an A for the class.

WoooooooooHoooooooo! I still have straight A's on my pre-pharm math and science courses!

Zoology is next... then Physics... and Calculus. Oi.

I just needed to tell someone that understands what it is to get an A in Organic Chemistry.

Thanks for listening.

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! I hope I get an A in O Chem I & II... :)

hehe :) great job.

I also have an A for Orgo II.

I was lucky though ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
freshbeatschris said:
I needed a 43 on the ACS.
I got a 44.
That makes an A for the class.

WoooooooooHoooooooo! I still have straight A's on my pre-pharm math and science courses!

Zoology is next... then Physics... and Calculus. Oi.

I just needed to tell someone that understands what it is to get an A in Organic Chemistry.

Thanks for listening.

Chris

Congratulations! I knew you'd do it.

It sounds like we're in about the same places with our pre-reqs. I have Calculus this summer and Physics, O-Chem and Zoology in the fall. I'm bracing myself for a rough year.

Troy

whats the acs

Portman--the ACS is the "American Chemical Society" who has several standardized tests that many colleges use to see how their students compare to other college students. Similar to the SAT. Some colleges use the ACS's standardized Organic Chem test as the final exam in Organic Chem II... my school did.. and it can be very hard!

Freshbeatchris--Congrats!! I got a B in Orgo I and an A in Orgo II! :) After taking the ACS test also, which was horrible. Physics can be a taxing course, or atleast it was at my college. I got a B in that. I just finished Calculus after not having any previous Calc knowledge and struggled to get an A (after I made a 52 on my first test I was convinced an A was impossible!) Good luck!! :)

For physics, do you guys allow to have "flashcards"?

I'm assuming you mean for tests, no.

twester said:
Congratulations! I knew you'd do it.

It sounds like we're in about the same places with our pre-reqs. I have Calculus this summer and Physics, O-Chem and Zoology in the fall. I'm bracing myself for a rough year.

Troy

Thank you for your support. That really means a lot to me. I struggle with believing in myself.

I hear ya on this being the roughest year yet. I'm doing Zoology over the summer and then Physics and Calculus in the fall. Looks like we are almost doppelgangers!

Hang in there, Troy! We are almost to the first finish line (aka Pharmacy school acceptance)

Chris

fairyofsong said:
Portman--the ACS is the "American Chemical Society" who has several standardized tests that many colleges use to see how their students compare to other college students. Similar to the SAT. Some colleges use the ACS's standardized Organic Chem test as the final exam in Organic Chem II... my school did.. and it can be very hard!

Freshbeatchris--Congrats!! I got a B in Orgo I and an A in Orgo II! :) After taking the ACS test also, which was horrible. Physics can be a taxing course, or atleast it was at my college. I got a B in that. I just finished Calculus after not having any previous Calc knowledge and struggled to get an A (after I made a 52 on my first test I was convinced an A was impossible!) Good luck!! :)

Congrats on the A in Calc. I truly admire that. I'm not so great with numbers. Recovering from a lousy start is a feat in itself. I know I had to do that this last semseter. Pat yourself on the back. You deserve it!

Chris

congrats.

I feel the same way about my A in statistics because, although it was an easy class, it was a very boring class and for awhile I was afraid I would bomb it due to the fact learning it was very boring and required discipline.