Orgo Trouble

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Othello

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had the worst semester ever. In short, I got an F in Orgo 1 and messed up in just about every other class. The entire spring semester sucked, and it brought my GPA down from a 3.67 to a 3.31. I'm the only one to blame for this and really no one else.

My question is, is podiatry still an option in my future and if so what exactly I should do to bounce back from this disaster.

Members don't see this ad.

Your gpa is still around the average for matriculants. So as long as you retake it and do well on that and the mcat, you should be fine.

So I had the worst semester ever. In short, I got an F in Orgo 1 and messed up in just about every other class. The entire spring semester sucked, and it brought my GPA down from a 3.67 to a 3.31. I'm the only one to blame for this and really no one else.

My question is, is podiatry still an option in my future and if so what exactly I should do to bounce back from this disaster.

Yeah it is, my GPA was much lower but I had a pretty high MCAT.

But you probably will have to retake that class or at the very least review it for the MCAT. They will ask you about it, but as long as you fixed your issues, than you should be fine. What made you do badly? I've had a couple bad semesters in undergrad to say the least, and most of it was because I was too arrogant to ask for help from tutors/classmates.

Members don't see this ad :)

You're still good OP, if you get an A the next time you take the course, it will show admissions committees that you dont give up that easily and are proficient in the material. As they mentioned above, review the material well before you take the MCAT especially the portions you feel deficient in. Try your best in Orgo 2. I got an A in Orgo 1 but a C in Orgo 2 multistep synthesis was pretty hard for me but I did get an A in the lab and fortunately the lab (for me) was more proficient information for the MCAT as they love to ask about experients. Nonetheless, they are hard classes but just keep at it and dont give up. Curious to know, how did you get an F in Orgo, was something happening in your life that caused you to fail or was it lack of understanding some of the material?