Orthodontists: What is a typical day like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

versace

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi orthos, I was wondering what you do in a typical day, what hours you have, what procedures you do, etc

Members don't see this ad.

Why don't you shadow one of your in-house ortho's at Greenberg Dental?

Reactions: 1 users
Typical ortho day:
1) Start day by waking up next to a hot, naked supermodel lying next to you in bed after a night of 'fun'.
2) Caviar and Cognac for 9AM breakfast.
3) See new patients in morning. $50k per new patient braces. Patients include all the famous celebrities and hot girls.
4) Go to lunch with a new, different supermodel and 'blow off some steam'
5) Return to office. See a couple of patients.
6) Pop some champagne to celebrate the end of the day with your smokin hot secretary. Take her back to your place (you know what happens next).
7) Get home to $500 gourmet dinner.
8) Go to fancy nightclub in my Ferrari, party with the all the hot supermodels.
9) Get home at 2 AM.
10) Repeat above for half the year. Party for the rest of the year in Monaco.

Salary is about $5,214,326.00 per year.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Typical ortho day:
1) Start day by waking up next to a hot, naked supermodel lying next to you in bed after a night of 'fun'.
3) See new patients in morning. $50k per new patient braces. Patients include all the famous celebrities and hot girls.
6) Pop some champagne to celebrate the end of the day with your smokin hot secretary. Take her back to your place (you know what happens next).
9) Get home at 2 AM.

Oh, Miley :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Typical ortho day:
9) Get home at 2 AM.

This is pure gold. Phenomenal post.

Somewhere in there, doesn't an orthodontist need to make room for a surgeon like me to kiss his/her ass?

Reactions: 1 users
This is pure gold. Phenomenal post.

Somewhere in there, doesn't an orthodontist need to make room for a surgeon like me to kiss his/her ass?
That's implied

Typical ortho day:
9) Get home at 2 AM.

Or, how about Dan Balzerian bending wires?

Guaranteed sex three times a day...nice, that's only one more than what I have now

Last edited:
That's implied

Right, because you know all about the private world. For someone who asks sooooooooo many questions, you know so much already. Relax kid, the adults are talking.

Every thread you start gets shut down because you pick a fight with someone.

Reactions: 2 users
Right, because you know all about the private world. For someone who asks sooooooooo many questions, you know so much already. Relax kid, the adults are talking.

Every thread you start gets shut down because you pick a fight with someone.
Look buddy, I'm sorry that you get offended so easily, maybe just take some deep breaths and count to 10?

Basically, this is my day: From 8-5, I shuffle from chair to chair dealing with crazy moms and stressing about a schedule that's running behind. Then I go home and stress about the business and increasing competition. Then I talk to a general dentist friend about the second molar crown prep they just cut and I am suddenly thankful for my job.

Basically, this is my day: From 8-5, I shuffle from chair to chair dealing with crazy moms and stressing about a schedule that's running behind. Then I go home and stress about the business and increasing competition. Then I talk to a general dentist friend about the second molar crown prep they just cut and I am suddenly thankful for my job.

All the kids that went to ortho in my class couldn't do dentistry to save their lives. Then they complain about how hard General was and how they don't miss it. General dentistry in dental school sucks. Cutting a second molar after the 50th time you have done it is mindless. A lot of orthos rag on GPs that we can't do ortho or that General dentists is so hard. General is pretty easy once you keep at it and know when to refer. Plus it's instant money, no need to wait for a case to be done.