Osteo Match with late board scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetlenovo88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a third year soon to be fourth year osteo student going to be applying to the osteo and allo match.

I never took comlex one at the end of my second year because of some personal issues. I have gone through third year fine and gotten good grades.

I will be given 4-5 weeks off and will take comlex one in late June of this year.

I will get my scores back in time for the allo match, but possibly not in time for the osteo match which opens on July 15.

My understanding is that I will be applying late to the osteo match and will not certify my application until my scores are available? If you think there will be a delay, I wonder how much of a disadvantage I will be in for the osteo match?

Members don't see this ad.

Apply without your scores and then add them once they come in. Some programs may interview you based on your personal statement, letters, grades, etc. - especially if you are aiming for something non-competitive.
However, be prepared for the likelihood that most programs will want to see a score before they offer an interview and probably will want to know why you didn't take it earlier. You most likely will be at a disadvantage due to that, so apply to a lot of programs.
If it's *at all* feasible, I would try to rearrange your schedule so you can take it earlier.
Good luck!

I'm a third year soon to be fourth year osteo student going to be applying to the osteo and allo match.

I never took comlex one at the end of my second year because of some personal issues. I have gone through third year fine and gotten good grades.

I will be given 4-5 weeks off and will take comlex one in late June of this year.

I will get my scores back in time for the allo match, but possibly not in time for the osteo match which opens on July 15.

My understanding is that I will be applying late to the osteo match and will not certify my application until my scores are available? If you think there will be a delay, I wonder how much of a disadvantage I will be in for the osteo match?

This is really a non-issue. When you start working on ERAS you just check the box to release your scores automatically. Even though July 15 marks the opening, it doesn't matter b/c the Dean's Letter don't officially release until Nov. 1 or slightly before depending on your school. RELAX.

BIG RED FLAG! Most states don't allow students to rotate in hospitals WITHOUT passing Part I of COMLEX. Get the exam done NOW! Part II of COMLEX, which I found to be easier that Part I, can be done in the fall sometime. Programs are going to wonder why you never had Part I done in the first place. I am shocked that your school allowed you to continue to third year. At my school, if you don't pass Part I, you are immediately taken off rotations.