Osteopathic EM programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a couple scheduled so far, but by no means 8-10! I was just adding to the running list that's going so we can all see which programs have started handing out interview dates.
If you got 12 interviews according to your list, thats amazing.

Members don't see this ad.

If you got 12 interviews according to your list, thats amazing.

Dude, the list that everyone keeps posting is a running list. Aka if I get an interview, I copy and paste the previous post from the last person and add my interview to the list. That way everyone knows who has started sending out invites. I doubt anyone has interviews from all of those places.

Dude, the list that everyone keeps posting is a running list. Aka if I get an interview, I copy and paste the previous post from the last person and add my interview to the list. That way everyone knows who has started sending out invites. I doubt anyone has interviews from all of those places.

Im an idiot :) I thought that was 1 persons interviews. Pardon my sleep deprived brain.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it expected that all AOA EM programs will eventually go to ACGME, or by 2020 will we still have a healthy number of AOA EM programs out there? I ask because I genuinely am unsure what the net effect of the merger will have on AOA residencies. I follow this thread, and am aware several programs are in the process to gain ACGME accreditation.

Thanks!

all programs have to apply for ACGME by December 2016 (from what I hear), and by 2020 it should be a combined match and all DO programs would have to either be ACGME accredited or be closed down. Thats what I gathered from this thread, but I'm sure people will be able to explain this better.

This is such a dysfunctional "list"
Is it expected that all AOA EM programs will eventually go to ACGME, or by 2020 will we still have a healthy number of AOA EM programs out there? I ask because I genuinely am unsure what the net effect of the merger will have on AOA residencies. I follow this thread, and am aware several programs are in the process to gain ACGME accreditation.

Thanks!

All AOA programs interested in continuing their residencies must apply for ACGME accreditation. It is all net positive, at least for EM. It causes programs to either shape up or shut down, raising the level of training among AOA programs and their residents.

Unrelated: why can't AOA applicants start and organize a yearly application thread like there is for the ACGME side? Why is it each year there is this semi-******ed, half-organized "list" in this thread?

Reactions: 1 users

All AOA programs interested in continuing their residencies must apply for ACGME accreditation. It is all net positive, at least for EM. It causes programs to either shape up or shut down, raising the level of training among AOA programs and their residents.

Unrelated: why can't AOA applicants start and organize a yearly application thread like there is for the ACGME side? Why is it each year there is this semi-******ed, half-organized "list" in this thread?

I've wondered your about last paragraph as well. I think it's because the aoa world is so small Folks are afraid to give a true opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thanks for the insight, and just one more question--which I know there is no consensus on: will it be harder, easier, or the same in terms of matching into EM as a OMS?

My take: such residencies will still seek out DO applicants, but the fact that MDs will likely also train at such places will just from a numbers standpoint increase the competition and be a negative for future DO applicants.

Thanks for any thoughts--I think a lot of people who watch this thread share my concerns!

Thanks for the insight, and just one more question--which I know there is no consensus on: will it be harder, easier, or the same in terms of matching into EM as a OMS?

My take: such residencies will still seek out DO applicants, but the fact that MDs will likely also train at such places will just from a numbers standpoint increase the competition and be a negative for future DO applicants.

I think this is exactly it.

Reactions: 1 user

Thanks for any thoughts--I think a lot of people who watch this thread share my concerns!

Honestly, I think it will be easier. In the past, you had to choose if you were going to be conservative and go AOA, without having the chance to rank the reach ACGME programs, or go ACGME and risk not matching at all if you were a marginal candidate. Now, students will be able to rank all programs on one list, all at once. Based on my limited experience with AOA and ACGME programs, most MD students will not be kicking down the doors of most former AOA programs. For our specialty, I just don't see how it is going to make things a negative for the majority of DO applicants.

This of course changes if one were already a marginal candidate for formerly AOA programs - I agree that for those students, it will probably be more difficult.

Honestly, I think it will be easier. In the past, you had to choose if you were going to be conservative and go AOA, without having the chance to rank the reach ACGME programs, or go ACGME and risk not matching at all if you were a marginal candidate. Now, students will be able to rank all programs on one list, all at once. Based on my limited experience with AOA and ACGME programs, most MD students will not be kicking down the doors of most former AOA programs. For our specialty, I just don't see how it is going to make things a negative for the majority of DO applicants.

This of course changes if one were already a marginal candidate for formerly AOA programs - I agree that for those students, it will probably be more difficult.

I totally agree. The merger is a good thing. There are tons of very high-quality DO students who to go to AOA programs strictly because they want to play it safe. Many of the students would've matched easily in the ACGME match. Opening the system up and having students have the option to choose between hundreds of programs in the end only makes things better for the students. Soon they won't be pigeonholed into having to choose between playing it safe or going for a program they might really want to go to. In a few years though be able to apply to both on the same rank list. That's a good thing.

Reactions: 2 users

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/aoa-emergency-medicine-interview-thread-2016-2017.1216270/

I tried

Members don't see this ad :)
As I mentioned in the other thread, you did it wrong. Welcome to the EM subforum :thumbup:

:nod: can somebody move it? lol i wouldn't want to start a new one in the 'right place' now... :help:

:nod: can somebody move it? lol i wouldn't want to start a new one in the 'right place' now... :help:

The content has been moved. I included it in the running list of interview invites.

Arrowhead - Colton, CA
Promedica Monroe - Monroe, MI
Southeastern Health - Lumberton, NC
Inspira Health Network Program - Vineland, NJ
St Barnabas - Bronx, NY
Doctors Hospital - Columbus, OH
St. Vincents - Erie, PA
Arnot Health- Elmira, NY
Lakeland Health- St Joseph, MI
Adena Health Systems - Chillicothe, OH
St. Mary's- Livonia, MI
Ohio Valley- Wheeling, WV
Aria - Philadelphia, PA

Arrowhead - Colton, CA
Promedica Monroe - Monroe, MI
St Barnabas - Bronx, NY
St. Vincents - Erie, PA
Arnot Health- Elmira, NY
St. Mary's- Livonia, MI
Aria - Philadelphia, PA
Kent Hospital - Warwick, RI

Just to note, I got one from Doctors today so to people who didn't get an invite in the first batch it looks like they are still sending them out :)

Arrowhead - Colton, CA
ProMedica Monroe - Monroe, MI
St Barnabas - Bronx, NY
St. Vincents - Erie, PA
Arnot Health- Elmira, NY
St. Mary's- Livonia, MI
Aria - Philadelphia, PA
St. John - Westlake, OH

I can send some unbiased-ish reviews of some programs that I auditioned and interviewed at if you guys want though it has been two years now since i participated in the match so many things may have changed. Feel free to pm me.

I can send some unbiased-ish reviews of some programs that I auditioned and interviewed at if you guys want though it has been two years now since i participated in the match so many things may have changed. Feel free to pm me.

Why not just post them so everyone can see? That's the point of threads like these.

Arrowhead - Colton, CA
St Barnabas - Bronx, NY
St. Vincents - Erie, PA
Arnot Health- Elmira, NY
St. Mary's- Livonia, MI
Aria - Philadelphia, PA
St. John - Westlake, OH
Botsford Hospital-Farmington, MI

As requested. Again, disclaimer this is based off of personal opinion and being 2 years prior where many changes may have been made due to mergers and faculty changes and whatnot.

SOMC: Not continuing

St. Joseph/St. Elizabeth Boardman: This program was still just SJHC in warren, OH at the time but the Boardman location was already in place and in the process of accepting residents for it's inaugural class. There may be bias in this post as I did spend a good amount of time in the region as a medical student. SJHC is a small trauma III hospital with a relatively rural patient population consisting of Amish and underserved/blue collar patients. Boardman hospital is a brand new hospital located in the more wealthy area of Youngstown, OH. You will also do rotations at the trauma 1 hospital based in downtown Youngstown, SEHC. Located in the rust belt, Youngstown is really not a nice area by any means. You are however one hour from cleveland roughly as well as pittsburgh. That said, this area has a great patient population to train from as you will see a great variety of patients with a slew of different complaints. Strengths: low cost of living (i mean LOW), great training, amazing faculty (Uberti and Moosally are incredibly awesome), connection with a large local physicians group (4M), strong connections with the trauma 1 hospital, variety of different settings (boardman (upscale) vs. SJHC (rural community) vs. SEHC (more county-ish)) and their populations that come with it, EPIC EMR. Detractors: Faculty (inbred program), new (SJHC is not new, but boardman is), youngstown ohio...

Adena Health: Based in Chillicothe, OH. Relatively new program (at the time) with two new additions of faculty from Doctors in Columbus. Rural program which casts a wide patient population net where it is located between Columbus and southern Ohio. Interview day started at their new PACCAR med ed building with the other interviewees which consisted of talks from various people in administration about the nitty gritty stuff if you became a resident and a brief tour of the simulation lab. The interview process itself consists of a meeting with the PD, aPD, and 1-2 other members of the faculty. Out rotations are usual for Ohio, trauma and peds rotations in Columbus. Strengths of the program include hands on experience, wide variety of patients, support of the hospital for the residency, simulation center was/is top of the line, and low cost of living in the area. Detractors include the area is rural (you are relatively close to columbus though), new program (had yet to graduate a resident), and a few of the faculty members were not only abrasive but needed to come off their high horse.

Promedica: At the time it was still Mercy Memorial Hospital which was in the process of fleshing out a merger/assimilation with Promedica. Brand new program, with their seniors in their 2nd to third year of residency. It is located in Monroe, MI which is a small commute outside of Detroit near some energy (nuclear?) plant. The area is not pretty by any means but a good number of the residents lived in Detroit (royal oak, plymouth, etc) and commuted to work. The strength of this program for me was both in the faculty and in the upcoming partnership with Promedica. The PD at the time was also the creator of SOMC down in Portsmouth, Ohio and was well versed in building a residency program. Great charisma. However he was stepping down (openly admitting it during the interview) and was passing the reins off to a younger faculty member who is also equally as awesome in her own way and also happens to be the RISE vice chair. The program is well connected with the area's EMS and their curriculum for residents is actually very well thought out to me with a good mix of necessary rotations. The merger between Promedica which is the largest hospital system in Toledo will allow good access to a Trauma 1 center and if EM rotations are split between the two facilities, residents will get great necessary experience. Detractors: it's Monroe..., new program (can be a plus or minus depending on the person), details with the merger have yet to be totally hashed out at the time, PD was leaving, and the base hospital.

Botsford Hospital: Located in farmington hills, this hospital ran a busy ED with a generally urban population. There were talks of merging with Oakwood and Beaumont at the time which I know ended up happening as well as an expansion of the hospital and ED itself. The strengths of this program were quite practical to me. Their out rotations were top notch with trauma at Baltimore Shock along with months at Henry Ford, DMC and likely now Beaumont. Farmington Hills is also a relatively well to do area in Detroit so location was also a relative plus. The program itself has been around for quite some time and most if not all of the faculty is from their own private group (also a plus). They have graduates that are currently working all over and unlike many other residencies, they do emphasize training in documentation and billing as well which is a big big plus. Interview day consisted of interviews with the chief residents, a panel of attendings (6-9) as well as another separate interview of 3 faculty members). It also included a session with a where is waldo/I-spy book with a pulse ox attached to the finger and a semi mandatory sim lab session where they wanted to watch you put in an US guided central line in a mannequin. That said, this program was impressive on different levels though they did have a "holier than thou" attitude that may or may not be justified.

St. John Providence: Another of the detroit's osteopathic EM programs. Strong training with the usual out rotations of DMC, children's hospital of detroit, Sinai grace and whatnot. You will come out of this program with the necessary tools to become successful and well rounded. Residents mentioned their graduates being the highest billers of their new employer groups and having great efficiency. Interview day consisted of a panel of three of the faculty with you on the other side of the table and an array of questions being tossed at you. I personally did not like this interview but nevertheless solid program.

Lakeland: Located in St. Joseph Michigan, Lakeland is one of the newer Michigan programs as they were just about to graduate their first class when I interviewed. Wow. Where do I start. The faculty were all relatively young, hungry and energetic coming from all over. The PD, Dr. Mancini, is really awesome and intense (in a good way). There is no graduated responsibility, it is trial by fire as in, if that is your patient and this is your first day as a PGY-1 in the ED, you will try the intubation, central line, etc. etc. The hospital itself is beautiful (one of the hospital rooms that we saw could just as well have been from a Hyatt Place. New emergency department with a well thought out set up. Lakeland was not a trauma center when I interviewed but you will see plenty of trauma come through the hospital as it is one of the largest in SW Michigan outside of Kalamazoo. Interesting pathology such as water related accidents. There are two separate patient populations as you will see the underserved from Benton Harbor in a sister hospital and a separate patient population where the base hospital is located in St. Joseph. The EM residents are the strongest in the hospital and are unopposed (there is only an FM residency otherwise). Didactics are well organized. Out rotations at Spectrum Health in Grand Rapids. Detractors: new program and the area of St. Joseph itself. The area really isn't so bad as it is an hour out of chicago roughly and somewhat close to lansing and Grand rapids, however it is a sleepy tourist town. Interview day consisted of a pizza night with the residents before and tour + 3-4 separate interviews on the interview day itself.

MetroHealth: Located in Grand Rapids, this program has some similarities to Lakeland for me. Beautiful hospital with a well layed out ED, located in a fun vibrant city. They had plans when I auditioned and interviewed of becoming a Trauma II. The ED has a busy volume and the faculty are pretty great overall. Their PD, Dr. Berg, is incredibly awesome and all of their residents are down to earth and very chill. Not sure if anything has changed but they only accept two residents per year and their interview process was with only 10-12 interviewees who had all auditioned there prior. They are huge on the fit and finding the right person. Interview day consisted of drinks and pizza in Grand Rapids downtown with the faculty and residents. Out rotations are at Spectrum Health. The location to me is a plus as Grand Rapids is a small-medium sized city with plenty to do/eat and drink (founders!!). Detractors: inbred program, patient population, and unsure of the future of the program moving forward into the ACGME process.

Aria Health: Located in Philadelphia, Aria is more unique compared to alot of the other DO EM residencies in that it has a three hospital system. This allows access to three very different patient populations. Bucks is their suburban hospital which mostly sees fast track and acuity level 3/4/5 patients with minor-ish complaints. Torresdale is their trauma II hospital with a brand new ED which is amazing to look at. Seriously. The ED itself is awesome. Frankford is their third hospital which is located in the frankford district in NE philadelphia and this place is like a jungle with a very undeserved a primarily african american/immigrant population. You see some really weird pathology here with the general usual slew of undeserved urban complaints. The area around is not safe, on night shifts two of the hospital guards would have to walk you across the street to the parking structure and one would stand guard outside as the metal gate was raised and wait for you to come out. I loved it. Out rotations are amazing, burn month at Temple, peds at CHOP, etc. That said, the program had some extreme faculty turnovers when I auditioned there and had mostly new faculty with many locums tenens attendings. Aria residents are also one of the lowest paid residents in the city of Philadelphia. On top of that, there were constant mumblings of how many medicine months that the residents had to pull to cover and Aria itself has not only EM but EM/IM, EM/FM, FM, IM and other such programs. All in all, I felt it is a good training environment especially with the three hospital system which is rare in the DO EM world, and that you will come out well rounded to practice in any urban setting but the atmosphere wasn't the friendliest for me personally

Will post more later if time allows and there are specific requests as this is time consuming.

Other sites/programs include olympia fields, sparrow, conemaugh, St. Mary Mercy, Arnot, Marietta, St. Johns Westlake, HF Wyandotte, and Rowan.

I really can't get over AOA programs making you put in a simulated ultrasound guided IJ as part of your interview day. I mean, the interview day is about you getting to know the program and the program getting to know you. We have 2nd year residents right now who were absolutely atrocious at procedures as interns who are now top notch. Same with making interviewees do a mock oral board case during the interview or read EKG's. I just don't get it. Ok, rant over.

The EM residents are the strongest in the hospital and are unopposed (there is only an FM residency otherwise).
That's a bit confusing to my old, grizzled attending brain. If they're the strongest in the hospital, but "unopposed", then, ipso facto, if they're the only ones, then, of course they're strongest. But, if there are FM residents, then they're not "unopposed".

Otherwise, that is a very strong, comprehensive evaluation.

So the question is whether these previous osteo programs that are now listed on eras as accepting applications will interview MD canidates

That's a bit confusing to my old, grizzled attending brain. If they're the strongest in the hospital, but "unopposed", then, ipso facto, if they're the only ones, then, of course they're strongest. But, if there are FM residents, then they're not "unopposed".

Otherwise, that is a very strong, comprehensive evaluation.

Sorry that was a bit misleading. There were only two residency programs at the hospital, EM and FM. FM however was repeatedly emphasized during pre-interview night to want nothing to do with anything procedural and the EM residents had full reign over all procedures in the ED and likely on the floors/units as well.

Olympia Fields: Located in Chicago, this program has been around since 1981 and has graduated over 600 alumni. 16 residents taken in per year (11-13 from CCOM). Strong reputation in a city that houses many other EM programs including UofC, Northwestern, Stroger, UIC, Resurrection, etc. Intern year is split where you spend the year at either Swedish Covenant in the north side or St. James in Olympia fields. Afterward you pick your "pod" for years 2-4 which are split into
1. Swedish Covenant, St. James Chicago Heights and St. James Olympia fields
2. Weiss Memorial and Provident Hosp of Cook County
3. St. Margaret, St. Anthony, Dyer and St. Bernards.
The pods are not locked and throughout your remaining 3 years of residency outside of intern year, you will rotate through most of the other hospitals but will spend likely 70% of your time within your "pod". Trauma and tox are at Stroger, radiology at Ress, and PICU at Hope Children's out of Advocate Christ. Conference is held every Wed (mandatory for EM months) and will rotate through different hospitals which can be a pain to commute to with Chicago traffic however they are well organized and often feature a notable expert from Rush/Northwestern/Stroger etc. Location is a plus/minus if you like living in a metropolitan city. Chicago is great but with brutal extremes in weather (hot and humid in the summer and cold like Hoth in the winter). Cost of living is high in comparison to other areas in the country but compared to other cosmopolitan metropolises (LA/NYC/SF), it is far more affordable. PD is awesome and assistant PDs are equally as awesome. Working at so many different sites can be difficult (learning new EMRs and charting) especially with the commute but for training purposes, this is priceless. ED providers often switch jobs/locations, and be flexible and knowing the different EMRs should be part of our skill set. There is something to be said when you see histo, blasto, legionella, and malaria all during a month of critical care. Depending on your site, you may have a large number of different attendings as a couple of the hospitals are staffed by EMP which uses many firefighters. Strengths: resources, legacy/stability: program has been around for about 35 years, reputation, location (+/-), alumni network for job searching after residency, diverse patient population, training in an urban setting (if this is what you want), training in cook county. Downside: Cost of living (living in chicago is still pretty damn expensive), commute (sites can often be an hour away give or take 20 minutes depending on traffic), close ties with coresidents (with a program of 64 residents, its hard to be close with everyone else), too many floor medicine months intern year.

Aria Health: Located in Philadelphia, Aria is more unique compared to alot of the other DO EM residencies in that it has a three hospital system. This allows access to three very different patient populations. Bucks is their suburban hospital which mostly sees fast track and acuity level 3/4/5 patients with minor-ish complaints. Torresdale is their trauma II hospital with a brand new ED which is amazing to look at. Seriously. The ED itself is awesome. Frankford is their third hospital which is located in the frankford district in NE philadelphia and this place is like a jungle with a very undeserved a primarily african american/immigrant population. You see some really weird pathology here with the general usual slew of undeserved urban complaints. The area around is not safe, on night shifts two of the hospital guards would have to walk you across the street to the parking structure and one would stand guard outside as the metal gate was raised and wait for you to come out. I loved it. Out rotations are amazing, burn month at Temple, peds at CHOP, etc. That said, the program had some extreme faculty turnovers when I auditioned there and had mostly new faculty with many locums tenens attendings. Aria residents are also one of the lowest paid residents in the city of Philadelphia. On top of that, there were constant mumblings of how many medicine months that the residents had to pull to cover and Aria itself has not only EM but EM/IM, EM/FM, FM, IM and other such programs. All in all, I felt it is a good training environment especially with the three hospital system which is rare in the DO EM world, and that you will come out well rounded to practice in any urban setting but the atmosphere wasn't the friendliest for me personally

I'll just point out that there are virtually no locums faculty here. Three years ago the hospital switched from private group coverage to hospital employees so there was a lot of turnover at that time, but it's been stable since then.

And just for the record, EM residents have exactly zero floor medicine months.

I really can't get over AOA programs making you put in a simulated ultrasound guided IJ as part of your interview day. I mean, the interview day is about you getting to know the program and the program getting to know you. We have 2nd year residents right now who were absolutely atrocious at procedures as interns who are now top notch. Same with making interviewees do a mock oral board case during the interview or read EKG's. I just don't get it. Ok, rant over.

That is insanity. From a program's perspective, you are recruiting young doctors, why in the world would you try to scare them away to competitors.

So the question is whether these previous osteo programs that are now listed on eras as accepting applications will interview MD canidates

They can only interview MD candidates if they get ACGME accreditation (not pre-accreditation) and are participating in the ACGME match.

Arrowhead - Colton, CA
St Barnabas - Bronx, NY
St. Vincents - Erie, PA
Arnot Health- Elmira, NY
St. Mary's- Livonia, MI
Aria - Philadelphia, PA
St. John - Westlake, OH
MWU/CCOM - Chicago, IL
McLaren Oakland - Pontiac, MI

I would love to hear what people have to say about McLaren Oakland, Arnot, Inspira, and Southeastern? Any experiences?

Arrowhead - Colton, CA
St Barnabas - Bronx, NY
St. Vincents - Erie, PA
Arnot Health- Elmira, NY
St. Mary's- Livonia, MI
Aria - Philadelphia, PA
St. John - Westlake, OH
MWU/CCOM - Chicago, IL
Memorial Hospital - York, PA

Did you guys get email or phone call from Barnabas??

If a place gives us the option of shadowing after the interview is complete, how bad does it look if we are not able to do it? I need to catch a flight out after the interview and I can't do it the day before or after.
Our program isn't set up for auditions or med student rotations so all we have for you to get a better feel of our shop is to "shadow" for a few hours. Doesn't matter when you do it, before/after or a month later. You don't need to do it to match but it helps just show you're interested enough to make the sacrifice of your time. Come to think of it.... I don't think any of our current interns "shadowed".

Is this even an accurate reflection because no usmle scores are tide to it? Seems like there would be a lot of errors of interpretation with just comlex scores matching into acgme residencies

I certainly hope not, because otherwise I'm in big trouble...haha...the averages for just about every specialty are higher than what I ever would've anticipated.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I certainly hope not, because otherwise I'm in big trouble...haha...the averages for just about every specialty are higher than what I ever would've anticipated.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It is most likely higher comlex because most students who match have taken the usmle and that score is used instead

I wonder if nrmp will release average step 1 and graphs for DO

Our program isn't set up for auditions or med student rotations so all we have for you to get a better feel of our shop is to "shadow" for a few hours. Doesn't matter when you do it, before/after or a month later. You don't need to do it to match but it helps just show you're interested enough to make the sacrifice of your time. Come to think of it.... I don't think any of our current interns "shadowed".

I'm confused about something else as well?? Why can't med students rotate where they could match???? It doesn't take much to have a student rotation?

Arrowhead - Colton, CA
St Barnabas - Bronx, NY
St. Vincents - Erie, PA
Arnot Health- Elmira, NY
St. Mary's- Livonia, MI
Aria - Philadelphia, PA
St. John - Westlake, OH
MWU/CCOM - Chicago, IL
Orange Regional - Middletown, NY

Arrowhead - Colton, CA
St Barnabas - Bronx, NY
St. Vincents - Erie, PA
Arnot Health- Elmira, NY
St. Mary's- Livonia, MI
Aria - Philadelphia, PA
St. John - Westlake, OH
MWU/CCOM - Chicago, IL
Orange Regional - Middletown, NY
Rowan Kennedy - Stratford, NJ

AOA programs that have received initial ACGME accreditation so far:

Arnot
Conemaugh
Doctors
Henry Ford - Allegiance
Henry Ford - Wyandotte
Kent
Lakeland
McLaren Oakland
Memorial Health
Mount Sinai
St. Mary Mercy
St. John Macomb
UPMC Hamot

Hey guys I wanted to poll everyone on this thread regarding a drop in Level 2 Ce score? If you drop from above 500 on level 1 to below 500 on level 2 how bad is it? Am I screwed for getting more interview invites or can it be overlooked?

So far I have 1 SLOE plus two other LORs and am currently working on a second SLOE that should be available by Oct 7. I have 3 more audition rotations lined up and only have 4 interviews so far. This all happened prior to knowing my level 2 score.

Do they screen applicants for interviews on ERAS with >500 on level 2?

Ill take all the advice or input I can get.

Hey guys I wanted to poll everyone on this thread regarding a drop in Level 2 Ce score? If you drop from above 500 on level 1 to below 500 on level 2 how bad is it? Am I screwed for getting more interview invites or can it be overlooked?

So far I have 1 SLOE plus two other LORs and am currently working on a second SLOE that should be available by Oct 7. I have 3 more audition rotations lined up and only have 4 interviews so far. This all happened prior to knowing my level 2 score.

Do they screen applicants for interviews on ERAS with >500 on level 2?

Ill take all the advice or input I can get.

My personal experience was the same I dropped on level 2 but all the programs saw my score right away and I still have 5 invites. This last week or so has been quiet though. I think a lot of programs still haven't finished reviewing apps. It is still early.

FYI... for all those worried that the prior DO EM programs who went ACGME will abandon DOs this year in the ACGME match. Sent out our first round of interview requests... 70 or so interviews. Well over 90% went to DOs.

Reactions: 5 users
Arrowhead - Colton, CA
St Barnabas - Bronx, NY
St. Vincents - Erie, PA
Arnot Health- Elmira, NY
St. Mary's- Livonia, MI