Osteopathic Family Practice Board exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melie814

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the Osteopathic FP board exam this year. What books did you use for studying? Any advice? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not really qualified to answer this question but I've heard from my senior residents that they are using Swanson's for general FP and Savarese for OMT.

I went on amazon and just ordered as many different books with sample tests in them. I was so busy in clinic, etc. That I made it through one book, and half of the other. Be sure you study the ob, peds, and psych. Those are the heaviest that I didn't have a lot of experience with. Of course there is surg, and IM that is the bulk of the thing. Just do lots of questions.

If you do OMT all the time, don't even bother studying that. The practical is super easy, they pass everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Use swansons and you'll be fully overprepared for COMLEX IV, I mean the FP boards. ;). The practical is cake. OMM notes from med school helped me pass that. The only drawback is having to travel wherever it's being held.

Of course you'll also be required to write two board questions with references and citations.

Good luck with the test.

Thanks for the info. I got the letter today saying I passed.

I just took this test...

Does anyone have any idea what the passing rate for this test is? I thought the test was poorly written. I have no idea how I did.