Osteopathic Medical School Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

an aspiring doctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have not been doing up to par with my diagnostics. I got a 23 on my last AAMC (#8). My MCAT is next week however I am thinking about not showing up. I wanted to inquire if I reschedule the MCAT for September and got my score back in October will I hurt my chances for osteopathic medical school? I have managed to get higher scores however they were on non AAMC diagnostics. If my base line is a 23 is it feasible to get a 3-4 point increase within a month?

Members don't see this ad.

I personally feel like AAMC 8-11 are great predictors for the real deal, especially 9 and 11. Have you done any other AAMCs? Maybe 8 was just a fluke and you were nervous. What was your score breakdown?

I have taken the AAMCs 3-7. I believe the highest I got was a 25 on one of them. I know matriculants for osteopathic medical schools in the United States score around a 26. This month I was targeting for a 26 but I couldnt do it. The break down was 8/8/7. The biological section is my strongest however there were two passages with questions I struggled with.

I have taken the AAMCs 3-7. I believe the highest I got was a 25 on one of them. I know matriculants for osteopathic medical schools in the United States score around a 26. This month I was targeting for a 26 but I couldnt do it. The break down was 8/8/7. The biological section is my strongest however there were two passages with questions I struggled with.
Why did you struggle with those questions? (no malicious tone intended.) Lack of content? burned out? oddly worded? etc